• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
The one that perplexes me are mogul skis. I mean, if you want a good bumper you want wood core. But they make foam core mogul skis for the public (super small target market) while wood core versions for the top athletes. Why? K2 and Dynastar are good examples. The foam break too easy or go dead in a season, and I'm just an old weekend warrior -
My K2 Cabrawlers have a wood core. I drilled them myself.

Max Air

You never get hurt in the air!
Skier
My K2 Cabrawlers have a wood core. I drilled them myself.
Yes, as does the 244. I meant Rossi, my mistake. Though I broke my 244's on the first run (deep bumps spring skiing). Broke two pair of Rossi's (The Bond Girl topsheet). Most Dynastars are wood (Assault & Twister? I love my twisters).

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The one that perplexes me are mogul skis. I mean, if you want a good bumper you want wood core. But they make foam core mogul skis for the public (super small target market) while wood core versions for the top athletes. Why? K2 and Dynastar are good examples. The foam break too easy or go dead in a season, and I'm just an old weekend warrior -
One word...weight.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Post trade with @Max Air adds hart Freestyles that belonged to Matt Broze. I snagged a signed copy of his book to put up there with them.
1595264195650.png

1595264219344.png

1595264238439.png

Max Air

Skier
Post trade with @Max Air adds hart Freestyles that belonged to Matt Broze. I snagged a signed copy of his book to put up there with them.
View attachment 106690

View attachment 106691

View attachment 106692
His brother illustrated the pictures. His dad won the Silver Skis race on Mt Rainier, a hike up & ski down... super sketchy (one racer died)
View attachment 106690

View attachment 106691

View attachment 106692
IMG_1099.JPG

Max Air

Skier
Matt still rocks the same windshirt!
Nothing I need at this point. Shoot me our address and we can figure shipping.
Nothing I need at this point. Shoot me our address and we can figure shipping.
Phil, super grateful for the skis and swag! Let me know if I owe you anymore $$ for shipping.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Shout out to @Doug Briggs on the old school, very old school Spademans he sent me for the harts. Even came with slot head screws LOL.. Had to go with the "hold my beer" free hand mounting job.. A bit forward but wanted to obscure as many of the old Besser plate binding holes as possible.

1597952543373.png

And DONE!
1597952572842.png

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Nice! You just need a few stickers to hide the old holes.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
What made you pick Spademans for the Hart skis?
I knew several other freestyle skiers who used them. I had S3's on my K2 233s the last season I skied them.. for aerials. Spademan bindings just ooze the old school freestyle vibe.

FWIW, the skis aren't skiable.. Missing edge sections and base material.. sidewall damage too.

Uncle-A

Skier
I knew several other freestyle skiers who used them. I had S3's on my K2 233s the last season I skied them.. for aerials. Spademan bindings just ooze the old school freestyle vibe.

FWIW, the skis aren't skiable.. Missing edge sections and base material.. sidewall damage too.
If they are not skiable why put bindings on them? I think I remember that you have a ski fence, why not just add them to that? BTW did you get the boot plates for the bindings?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
If they are not skiable why put bindings on them? I think I remember that you have a ski fence, why not just add them to that?
The skis belonged to a famous ski book author, not quite fence fodder yet. Se the book next to them in the photo below. These are the skis he was on in every photo in that book.
BTW did you get the boot plates for the bindings?

I told @Doug Briggs to keep the butterfly plates.

They are hard to find and someone who IS skiing the gear and needs them should get those. The skis are now part of a my living room "Retro Display"and display better with proper mid 70s freestyle bindings.. What's the title of this thread again??? On ya!
1597969154111.png

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Don't anyone get upset, but the butterflies are great paperweights.

I will let anyone who wants them have them, though.

Uncle-A

Skier
The skis belonged to a famous ski book author, not quite fence fodder yet. Se the book next to them in the photo below. These are the skis he was on in every photo in that book.

I told @Doug Briggs to keep the butterfly plates.

They are hard to find and someone who IS skiing the gear and needs them should get those. The skis are now part of a my living room "Retro Display"and display better with proper mid 70s freestyle bindings.. What's the title of this thread again??? On ya!
View attachment 108413
On the 233 Mid is that a Solomon "S" package binding or a S 444?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
On the 233 Mid is that a Solomon "S" package binding or a S 444?
I don't know what a Salomon "S" package binding is. I know there were 404s and 505s then 444s and 555s then 555E. I had 444s on my hart Freestyle skis in about 77 then moved the 444s to the 233 Mids (actually different than these but same length and same binding). Then I took off the 444s (or "S444?) and put Spademans on them before they were used for water ramp jumps with the old 444s back on them then retired. Wish I knew what happened to the Spademan S3s. I probably gave them to someone on the freestyle team when I moved away from Minnesota to go to college in Oklahoma..

Last edited:

Uncle-A

Skier
I don't know what a Salomon "S" package binding is. I know there were 404s and 505s then 444s and 555s then 555E. I had 444s on my hart Freestyle skis in about 77 then moved the 444s to the 233 Mids (actually different than these but same length and same binding). Then I took off the 444s (or "S444?) and put Spademans on them before they were used for water ramp jumps with the old 444s back on them then retired. Wish I knew what happened to the Spademan S3s. I probably gave them to someone on the freestyle team when I moved away from Minnesota to go to college in Oklahoma..
The Salomon "S" package binding was used by the big box sporting goods stores as their package binding. I guess you could call it a special make up binding but I think it was available to traditional ski shops as well as the big box stores. If I remember correctly the toe had a blue plate with a large S in the center by the setting window. Looked a lot like the S 444 just more blue paint and less metal. Not sure if it was a DIN or just a 1 - 4 setting. The binding seemed to disappear around the same time as the release of the S 727 so I guess it was not a DIN since the early S 727's are a 1 - 5 setting. Anyway that is what I remember about the Salomon "S" binding.

Sponsor