• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Here are a few bindings. Cubco, Spademan, Marker and a couple oddball Look.

IMG_1119.JPG

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
A little Cubco tribute. From an earlier version to a couple of the last (Brute and Elite). Note the AFD's that were way ahead of their time. Back when leather boots ruled the land, the boot plates (seen on the wood pieces) made for a much more consistent interface with the binding.

IMG_1239.JPG
IMG_1240.JPG

Last edited:
TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Ever wonder where LOOK's PX Racing came from? Well this mid 80's example should provide the answer! (LOOK 99)

IMG_1241.JPG
IMG_1242.JPG

Last edited:
TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
How about the ESS alpine touring binding, a licensed LOOK Nevada copy toe piece with their SU-Matic heel.

IMG_1245.JPG
IMG_1246.JPG
IMG_1247.JPG
IMG_1248.JPG

Last edited:
TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Rosemount boots. This standard black model came out right around 1967. One with adjustable forward lean came along in 1969. The Blue/red version was later, maybe 72ish. It had the adjustable forward lean and a higher back. Fiberglass shell and metal hinged, they were a skiing engineers vision. I always appreciated what they tried to do, this was still the leather boot era!

IMG_1252.JPG

Last edited:

Warp Daddy

Getting on the lift
Skier
This would be my retro Descente "Whacky Jackey " for when I'm feelin silly , use it in high density venues when i want my buddies to find me easily in a crowd . Also have my old fartbag one piecer
image.jpeg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
This would be my retro Descente "Whacky Jackey " for when I'm feelin silly , use it in high density venues when i want my buddies to find me easily in a crowd . Also have my old fartbag one piecer View attachment 2372
I found a lunchbox to go with that :)
P.S. I'd wear it and OWN it. Nice!

the-partridge-family-bus.jpg

Warp Daddy

Getting on the lift
Skier
I found a lunchbox to go with that
P.S. I'd wear it and OWN it. Nice!

CrG thanks !! Actually my son in Manhattan bought that for me and has gotten some really sweet jackets or vests each season . There are some great places near the city to pick up stuff i will put on a favorite retro vest he got me couple yrs ago too .He and i always get each other ski clothes or gears for Christmas or birthdayys so like i said befor im kinda a jacket and helmet whore.

I love that jacket it GETS comments wherever i wear the damn thing ,its my ""technicolor dream coat" BTW love the Partridge family hippy bus reference ...AWESOME !!

the-partridge-family-bus.jpg

Warp Daddy

Getting on the lift
Skier
Here's "the Queen of the Hop's " 1988 vintage Obermeyer with the nice embroidery i spoke of intheObermeyer thread , her oldest and warmest and favorite jacket , i upgraded her to nre OBEYs and HH ,s and Northface but THIS puppy is STILL her fav ...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Here's "the Queen of the Hop's " 1988 vintage Obermeyer with the nice embroidery i spoke of intheObermeyer thread , her oldest and warmest and favorite jacket , i upgraded her to nre OBEYs and HH ,s and Northface but THIS puppy is STILL her fav ... View attachment 2442 View attachment 2442

Klaus would be proud to see his work still around.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
My wife had two Obermeyer jackets over the years one was a two tone tan and brown that was down fill and very warm. The second was royal blue with matching stretch bib ski pants, OMG they made her look so good. Sorry no photos of that ski outfit.

Sponsor

Staff online