• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I am intrigues wuth starting a Hexcel collection, being in Reno and all.

I do have some K2 233 MID with the blue/green tip to tail stripes if you would like. I was foing to try to put together the 233/244/255 series but not going to bother. You can have them for shipping.
Hexcels are always a good idea. You should start that collection since your finished with K2 X10 series.

Max Air

You never get hurt in the air!
Skier

I do have some K2 233 MID with the blue/green tip to tail stripes if you would like. I was foing to try to put together the 233/244/255 series but not going to bother. You can have them for shipping.
I would love to pay for shipping, very generous, thanks!

Max Air

Skier
The Hexcel with a Burt II is an interesting combination, any story behind that pair?

Yes, I was the youngest in a large ski school and the older guys became lifelong mentors. Recently a few of them have donated to my collection, most notably, the pair to the right of the Burt Bindings which has two raised plates (as does the white Kneissel's to the far left). These plates where made by Jeff Jobe of Jobe water skis. I used to paraglide with Jeff in the early 90's. Few at our area skied on Burt's, and if they did, they blew up. I have some spare Burt bindings, but I plan to try them out next season (I know I'm a bit crazy) lol. The Burt/Hexels, and the pair to the right, were owned by a wonderful guy - Mo Vincent. We had our Ski School Reunion yesterday, called the Old Fart Ski Instructors (OFSI). We did have one instructor who was impressive, Clarke Gray,but most never competed. The good news is that several offered to donate their old skis. The prior owner of the ski school was Art Audett, an ex-US Team coach and the Dynamic Rep. So I know I'll be seeing some more VR17s come in the door, including an unmounted pair :)

Uncle-A

Skier
Yes, I was the youngest in a large ski school and the older guys became lifelong mentors. Recently a few of them have donated to my collection, most notably, the pair to the right of the Burt Bindings which has two raised plates (as does the white Kneissel's to the far left). These plates where made by Jeff Jobe of Jobe water skis. I used to paraglide with Jeff in the early 90's. Few at our area skied on Burt's, and if they did, they blew up. I have some spare Burt bindings, but I plan to try them out next season (I know I'm a bit crazy) lol. The Burt/Hexels, and the pair to the right, were owned by a wonderful guy - Mo Vincent. We had our Ski School Reunion yesterday, called the Old Fart Ski Instructors (OFSI). We did have one instructor who was impressive, Clarke Gray,but most never competed. The good news is that several offered to donate their old skis. The prior owner of the ski school was Art Audett, an ex-US Team coach and the Dynamic Rep. So I know I'll be seeing some more VR17s come in the door, including an unmounted pair :)
Great history on the Hexcel's and the Dynamics unmounted WOW, it is nice to know the rep, my 27's I got from the rep in NJ. This community has so many great stories about the industry and sport.

cmac

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
For years I've been searching for a pair of Fischer Imperators. Finally found a pair, although they are showing their age. This pair was well used. Outside of buffing the top sheet, are there any other techniques of restoring the top of the ski? Are there ways to procure a new top sheet for application ?
A1521CAC-53F7-4DDA-A9A9-433102CDD005.jpeg

Also, I'm searching for bindings to mount. My Dad's pair had Look Nevadas, but this pair seems to have a rectangular screw pattern on the toe that I'd like to match. Any ideas ? Could it have been a plate binding? Thanks.

Max Air

Skier

Did I ever respond to this? If not, I'd love the 233's if you still have them - Anything you need?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Did I ever respond to this? If not, I'd love the 233's if you still have them - Anything you need?
Nothing I need at this point. Shoot me our address and we can figure shipping.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Nothing I need at this point. Shoot me our address and we can figure shipping.
@Max Air
I have matching K2 Mids series poles and a matching K2 bag I can send back in the box you use to send those harts to me. You'll be good to go with Phil's 233 Mids and my poles.. Poles are in exceptional condition too. They're long too, like 50" or so so you could even rock them with the Ballets.

Max Air

Skier
@Max Air
I have matching K2 Mids series poles and a matching K2 bag I can send back in the box you use to send those harts to me. You'll be good to go with Phil's 233 Mids and my poles.. Poles are in exceptional condition too. They're long too, like 50" or so so you could even rock them with the Ballets.
I sent your boards out last week. The bases are missing some edge, but the tops look okay. Been slammed at work, sorry for the delay - Bryce

Uncle-A

Skier
For years I've been searching for a pair of Fischer Imperators. Finally found a pair, although they are showing their age. This pair was well used. Outside of buffing the top sheet, are there any other techniques of restoring the top of the ski? Are there ways to procure a new top sheet for application ?
View attachment 104523

Also, I'm searching for bindings to mount. My Dad's pair had Look Nevadas, but this pair seems to have a rectangular screw pattern on the toe that I'd like to match. Any ideas ? Could it have been a plate binding? Thanks.
I have never heard of replacing a top sheet on a retro pair of skis. I doubt you could find one from the manufacturer. The holes located at the toe position could be a Salomon 727 that might be around the same age. But a better close up of the pattern would help and a close up of the heel location would be useful in binding identification. Not sure someone would put a plate binding on a ski of that quality.

Max Air

Skier
I have never heard of replacing a top sheet on a retro pair of skis. I doubt you could find one from the manufacturer. The holes located at the toe position could be a Salomon 727 that might be around the same age. But a better close up of the pattern would help and a close up of the heel location would be useful in binding identification. Not sure someone would put a plate binding on a ski of that quality.
I like them best 'as is'! But changing top sheets is common in the ski racing world, most frequent with Speed Skis and DH boards. One guy stole a bunch of new Dynamic's (240cm) and brought them to the US and had Hart put on a new topsheet. He got busted. The humor is that they said "U.S. Freestyle Team" and looked identical to the F-17 topsheet, but called the F-117.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I like them best 'as is'! But changing top sheets is common in the ski racing world, most frequent with Speed Skis and DH boards. One guy stole a bunch of new Dynamic's (240cm) and brought them to the US and had Hart put on a new topsheet. He got busted. The humor is that they said "U.S. Freestyle Team" and looked identical to the F-17 topsheet, but called the F-117.
I did a helicopter on the rental shop's hart honeycomb 215cm demo skis once. Not that big a deal but I was pretty small as a teen. Took forever for them to come around LOL..

Uncle-A

Skier
Yes, but you are talking about racing skis back in the day. Not trying to find a 25+ year old top sheet today. I have heard stories about racing skis being rebranded. Some of the stories dating back to the 1968 Olympics.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Yes, but you are talking about racing skis back in the day. Not trying to find a 25+ year old top sheet today. I have heard stories about racing skis being rebranded. Some of the stories dating back to the 1968 Olympics.
Right today it's a topsheet that looks like the ski shop version of the ski on a prototype race room ski that's pretty different than the store stock... that they then hold up on the podium after handing the ones they skied on to the tech headed back to the race room with them..

Max Air

Skier
True, including Dynamics for J-C Killy. In fact, many Dynamic DH/Speeders were Atomics.

Max Air

Skier
Right today it's a topsheet that looks like the ski shop version of the ski on a prototype race room ski that's pretty different than the store stock... that they then hold up on the podium after handing the ones they skied on to the tech headed back to the race room with them..
The one that perplexes me are mogul skis. I mean, if you want a good bumper you want wood core. But they make foam core mogul skis for the public (super small target market) while wood core versions for the top athletes. Why? K2 and Dynastar are good examples. The foam break too easy or go dead in a season, and I'm just an old weekend warrior -

Sponsor

Staff online