• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Kris77

Booting up
Skier
I just moved into a new house so I am just now getting around to setting up my skis in the arcade (one of my other expensive hobbies). These are only a small amount of my skis but they're my favorite. Eventually this wall will all be hart, still waiting for a few of the elusive skis.. mainly the red stripe freestyles like the express and HC comps etc. See them on CL all the time.. on the other side of the country.. hah I'll post more as they go up.
HARTS1.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'd actually like a pair of old gremlins on my retired ski fence.. white with red letters just like my first pair of "brand new" skis.

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier

Awesome collection of K2's !! All of the K2 poles that I had were with the platform grips with plastic straps. I just bought this pair on ebay and wished they had the old grips. I thought maybe someone had switched the grips. But seeing your poles have these type grips, I guess K2 switched to these at some point. Not a fan of these grips, but the old plastic straps used to break all the time.

K2 poles.png

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Phil, my 610 polls from page 5 of this thread could be yours if you wanted to swap for some PUGSKI Swag? PM me if interested.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So you finally found a pair of 610's in the proper size.... nice :thumb:
They are rougher that I would like but they have a good story from @MattSterbenz

Phil, my 610 polls from page 5 of this thread could be yours if you wanted to swap for some PUGSKI Swag? PM me if interested.
I don't see it but I am sure now we wil have to find some 810 poles then...damn you ;)

Uncle-A

Skier
Sorry, page 5 of "All Things K2"

Uncle-A

Skier
I'd like to have a ski museum. Problem is, my wife would cart all that old stuff off. :rolleyes:
My wife has already told me when I die all my ski stuff are going to the dumps. So a museum is only for your personal enjoyment. Although I would love to see Bills T's collection someday.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My wife has already told me when I die all my ski stuff are going to the dumps. So a museum is only for your personal enjoyment. Although I would love to see Bills T's collection someday.
@Bill Talbot's ski collection is indeed a sight to behold...along with his other passions.

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 4.15.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 4.13.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 4.13.24 PM.png

While not a ski collection, I have a huge assortment of retro ski memorabilia that I am using for decor as I renovate our ski home. I painted the vintage dresser & lined the drawers with retro ski & White Mountains related ephemera- top drawer includes original newspaper article written by our ski chaperone in high school when we got stranded overnight at Highlands (now a lost ski area). Vintage ski bandanas act as a curtain & I used wooden ski poles above the closet doors.

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 4.14.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 4.15.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 4.14.03 PM.png

Old snowshoe frame with vintage ski medals, & hotel keys from the old Hotel Jay & Balsalms, wooden ski I painted as a kitchen sign, & framed NH Troubadour magazines from the 1930s (snowshoeing, Tuckermans Ravine & Cannon).

I still have a bunch of old wooden skis (1920's nipple tip natural wood - 1950's red/blue) that I plan either make a headboard with or build an adirondack chair & I have a double chair for a front porch swing....l'll be lucky to finish these projects in about 10 years

Sponsor