• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Shout out to the Grumps

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
@KingGrump
Mister and Missus Grumps are truly one of a kind. They just delivered my skis to my apt in Brooklyn from the far off land of Queens...
and it looks and feels like he did something serious to make them better. Hopefully I can ski better-er come Taos judgement day.

P.S. @KingGrump, I really like the hoody look on you.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The best part is I melted down all the wax scraping from that ski for reuse. Now, I don't have to buy wax for the next two years. :D
There was at least couple kilograms of wax on those skis. :eek: No wonder you had problems scraping the wax off.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
How do I get Grumps near (or closer to) me? Tahoe? Will they bring skis?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@KingGrump
Mister and Missus Grumps are truly one of a kind. They just delivered my skis to my apt in Brooklyn from the far off land of Queens...
and it looks and feels like he did something serious to make them better. Hopefully I can ski better-er come Taos judgement day.

P.S. @KingGrump, I really like the hoody look on you.
But did they bring you take out?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
But did they bring you take out?

We are currently working the kinks out of the custom door to door pick and delivery ski tuning concept.
Did the Chinese take out thing back in the '80s. Not going that way again.

TS
Pumba

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
I like the Grumps too. Are these new skis (Stocklis)? Im just catching up.

Sadly the magical Stocklis were not to be. They were already sold. The shop hadn’t updated their site....that’s okay, bc those floral patterns made me want to barf. I’m now waiting for the much more minilalist top sheets to go on sale....so maybe this summer. I’ll be on my same old skis this year.

James

Out There
Instructor
Will you also bring two crabs, one shrimp? Or was it two shrimps, one crab!?
No, no, no. It's Three Crabs.
Two crabs and a shrimp is what you get at lunch if you don't ski moguls with them in the morning.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Will you also bring two crabs, one shrimp? Or was it two shrimps, one crab!?
We're a 1 squid fish sauce family. Real question is what to go with. Green payaya salad comes to mind, buy that might actually take some skill. Things to ponder.

TS
Pumba

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Two crabs and a shrimp is what you get at lunch if you don't ski moguls with them in the morning.

OH YEAHHHH!! It’s the 3 crabs that work. If I bring them will I become an expert who can drop big cornices with grace and ease? I think so.

TS
Pumba

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
We're a 1 squid fish sauce family. Real question is what to go with. Green payaya salad comes to mind, buy that might actually take some skill. Things to ponder.

Great, now I have to think about how to get more vacay days for spring at squaw...

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Who will be crabby, and which one is the shrimp?

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
How can you not love the Grumps? Not only are they fun to ski with, but they also thro THE BEST après' parties!

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Sadly the magical Stocklis were not to be. They were already sold. The shop hadn’t updated their site....that’s okay, bc those floral patterns made me want to barf. I’m now waiting for the much more minilalist top sheets to go on sale....so maybe this summer. I’ll be on my same old skis this year.

You can always make custom vinyl top sheet for skis. :)

James

Out There
Instructor
Who will be crabby, and which one is the shrimp?
Well.... if there's one of you and two of them, and they didn't get to ski moguls...
But the question is, would three crabs really be better than two crabs and a shrimp?
They were already sold. The shop hadn’t updated their site....that’s okay, bc those floral patterns made me want to barf
We talking about the same ski?
IMG_5700.JPG

The barely visible - leaves, almost a paisley pattern?

Sponsor

Staff online