• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Should I......?

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Don't worry you need more days for your liners to pack out or you stub your toe come flip flop seasonvand they never fit the same again.

RachelV

I run TheSkiDiva.com and work at OpenSnow.
Ski Diva Tester
I have about 10 days in my new boots and they are... great? I have had zero work done on them. I have never had this experience before and this is my 4th pair of boots bought from a quality boot fitter. I am afraid that I have used up all my boot karma for the rest of my life.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Should I feel guilty because my boots are super comfortable when I hear other people complain about their boots? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Mrs. 53 and I had a good laugh yesterday after we finished skiing.

Na, I feel comfy in my boots too. No guilt. :D

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Should I feel guilty because my boots are super comfortable when I hear other people complain about their boots? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
There you go...tempting the ski boot gods. :nono: There will come a day, sooner or later when we will refer back to this thread and remind you. :duck:

James

Out There
Instructor
It's not that one's boots are comfortable, they should be. It's how long it took to get there, and if one can ski in them like you want to.
There's a reason some keep their shells for 10+ years, 400+ days, and just get new liners and sole plates.

TS
Started at 53

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sorry to have to tell you this, but your boots are too large.
My boots are not too large, the Nordica rep fitted them while I had a “former” ski racer sitting there overseeing the process, and then I had a very good bootfitter using 3D technology punch them to perfection at the same time he did my Zip Fits :yahoo:
Don't worry you need more days for your liners to pack out or you stub your toe come flip flop seasonvand they never fit the same again.
I have never nor will I ever wear flip-flops. Banging into the bed at night when getting up to pee is a very likely alternative tho
If it doesn't feel great to take your boots off at the end of the day @fatbob is probably right.
It’s always nice to take them off :thumb:
There you go...tempting the ski boot gods. :nono: There will come a day, sooner or later when we will refer back to this thread and remind you. :duck:

LOL, but not today :yahoo:

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
My boots fit great and are super comfortable all day. And it took some work and return visits to my bootfitter to get there, but apparently less trouble than many experience.

That said, Jay, I think you should feel super guilty. That way I don’t have to.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Must remember to put flip flops into my ski boot bag. Tis almost the season as there's nothing better to put on my feet after I take off my ski boots after a day of spring skiing.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I wore my Chacos after skiing at Crystal on a beautiful sunny day this Sunday. The drive home was way comfortable.