• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

asolo

Booting up
Skier
I am looking for a boot with Dynafit inserts, which limits my choices quite a bit. At this point I pretty much have narrowed it down to the Tecnica Cochise 120. The fit, however, is definitely too narrow in the forefoot of my right foot. The left foot is... bearable. I do like a snugger fit.

Here's my question: should I try and go with these obviously too narrow boots and stretch the width? I think I need maybe an extra 1-2mm, since I fit pretty well into 100mm last boots.

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
I am looking for a boot with Dynafit inserts, which limits my choices quite a bit. At this point I pretty much have narrowed it down to the Tecnica Cochise 120. The fit, however, is definitely too narrow in the forefoot of my right foot. The left foot is... bearable. I do like a snugger fit.

Here's my question: should I try and go with these obviously too narrow boots and stretch the width? I think I need maybe an extra 1-2mm, since I fit pretty well into 100mm last boots.
If the heel fits and the length is correct punching these boots for width is super easy

But first ....

Do you have a footbed supporting your foot ?

TS
asolo

asolo

Booting up
Skier
If the heel fits and the length is correct punching these boots for width is super easy

But first ....

Do you have a footbed supporting your foot ?

I do not. Given that the boot is too narrow, there's no question about any sort of insert. My foot is just squished sideways. Is this something that is required?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I do not. Given that the boot is too narrow, there's no question about any sort of insert. My foot is just squished sideways. Is this something that is required?
A proper footbed will support your foot better than the stock bed. The Cochise is easy to punch, especially up front. 1-2mm is not an issue. I did that to mine. If the heel is snug, the rest can usually be accomodated.

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier

Frequently a footbed will actually create more width depending on how your foot is structured. If you pronate putting a footbed in will make the boot feel narrower because correcting the position of your foot will move it away from the outside of the boot.

Getting the foot supported properly is critical to ensuring good fit unless you have a neutral well supported foot (even then I would suggest a footbed) which almost nobody has.