• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Northern Rockies/Alberta Should I cancel my Cat-Skiing trip due to lack of participants?

What should I do about my cat skiing dilema?

• Don't cancel, I'm in! I'm sending you my $460 check right now.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't cancel, I'm extremely interested. Sending you a PM with questions.....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't cancel, you'll probably find enough PUGSKI members to join you.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Cancel, karma and luck were not with you. It's easier to plan good cat skiing as an individual ...

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
I have booked the 2-day private cat skiing for 12 people (with overnight yurt) at Soldier Mountain Idaho. For Sunday/Monday Feb 16/17 2020 .

Unfortunately, people who were "definitely in" when I booked this have bagged out for various reasons.

It is only $460 per person which includes: 2 days cat skiing; Overnight Yurt stay; gratuity, taxes and booking fees.

I can:
A) Cancel this, get a refund, and then seek some other single-day cat skiing, perhaps even at Soldier Mountain

B) Seek other skiers to join me from the PUGSKI community, retain the reservation and have a mini cat-ski gathering.

What do you think?

The Cat Skiing: Soldier Mt Cat Ski and Yurt

Last edited:

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Would love to join but my out-of-Japan excursion this season is Switzerland

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Cat skiing at that time is not in my plans. But were you planning to attend the big Gathering at Jackson Hole starting the week of Feb 23? I wonder if you could move cat dates to something like the 20th and 21st if you might be more likely to catch a few early arriving Pugsters? Jackson to Soldier is only 4.5 hours.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Wish I could as well. With a trip to CO in January and the Gathering in Feb. I can't afford any more ski travel this winter. Reschedule for Feb. 2021 and let us know!

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Gaaaaahhhh that is an amazing price based on my limited/cursory research of similar trips! Wish I could go but headed to Steamboat on the 20th - and still got a job and mortgage and adulting to do :(. I'd love to hear more about this outfit though, that price is right.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Sorry you had to cancel. Sounds like a great deal although would require a lot of organizing to get and keep 12 people together and fed in a somewhat remote place. Your dates would have required me to start road trip I have planned 2-3 days earlier and add 7 hours to my minimum drive time to Revelstoke. The route N from Soldier Mountain also does not look very direct, although some is on I-84 and adds the ferry crossing on BC-23.

What about Anthony Lakes for your cat skiing which seems similar to Soldier (although this year did not start well in OR)? It only adds ~3 hrs to my drive N, about the same as stopping for a day at Crystal, which I already planned to do. I plan to get to Anthony Lakes some year, but not likely this one.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Keep the trip, miracles happen. The absolute worst thing that could happen to you is getting your money back and having to ski 2 days at Soldier and or Sun Valley in February. There is plenty enough lift served spots at Soldier to keep you busy for a day (and if you are as forgetful as me 2 days).
Even if the weather goes white out there are all kinds of narrow runs and glades off the lower chair to entertain you. If the light is seeable there are all kinds of little bowls to go play in of either chair.

If I had 4 days to burn of leave time I would sign right up with you (work sucks). Personally would like to spend a night in Fairfield, or years if I liked it, and see what ski towns grew out from.

Throw the dice, keep the faith, and go for it.

TS
pchewn

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Yes, cat skiing with my daughter at Anthony Lakes is a good possibility. She has a season pass at Anthony Lakes (lives in La Grande). We'll find a day when the snow is good.

Sponsor

Staff online