• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Should David Own a Tux?

Should he?

• Yes, David should own a tux by 60.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yes, all men should

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Yes, all people should

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ok, I'll throw in a no. But don't vote for it.

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
This surprised me because IME chicks dig tuxes. Then I saw you are a Vermont girl and it made more sense.
Did you wear duck boots to the prom?

dm

I dig a man in a tux - or some women - but this is sort of in the "If you have to ask, you don't need one" category. And if there aren't many opportunities to wear one, it seems to me that the tux you buy today might not fit the body you have five years from now. When you next have need to dig it out of the closet.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
:eek:

I think the topic of a new "Does David" poll can be summed up in the following video -

...besides, when David gets his Ancestery dot com DNA test results and finds out he's not Scottish after all but German, he will be trading in that Kilt for Lederhosen:D
Oh, I’m not Scottish. Jewish Ukrainian-Romanian, by way of Argentina.

But this Lederhosen idea sounds interesting........

sjjohnston

Putting on skis
Skier
At one point some years ago, I was dangerously close to getting the whole formal kilt ensemble, but never pulled the trigger. I'm not Scottish either (I'm American), but my last name is Scottish, a fair number of my ancestors apparently came from there (a long time ago), I've been there and my sister went to college there. So I suppose that's at least in the ballpark so far as that side of qualifications go. On the other side - sufficient chutzpah - I guess I came up short.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
don't forget the proper shoes

highly recommend a pair of my all time favorite shoe. the Swedish treskor (or wooden clog)
I always thought they went very well with my customs uniform back in the day
Some of the less imaginative staff were never as sure. Clog dancing an unappreciated art form.

if black is not your thing they do come tan to match the kilt.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
I dig a man in a tux - or some women - but this is sort of in the "If you have to ask, you don't need one" category. And if there aren't many opportunities to wear one, it seems to me that the tux you buy today might not fit the body you have five years from now. When you next have need to dig it out of the closet.
Well the thing about a Tux fitting a few years down the road is valid. My personal center of gravity has changed dramatically over the years. One thing that I did when I bought my Tux's was to get the adjustable waistband in the pants, much like the Velcro adjustments in a lot of ski pants. This has greatly extended the shelf life of my formal wear.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
Go ahead and get the tux; you know you want it. However, I have a tux since I play in a symphony and do other musical performances, and other than for these occasions I never wear the thing.