• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steve Martin

Booting up
Skier
This winter I have been on 2 of the shortest detachable quads I am aware of. At Bittersweet Ski Area the Sweet Express quad a poma lift of at the most 350 vertical feet. The shortest was at Mt Holly where lift 3 (poma detachable quad) also claims 350’ vertical feet. On google earth however Lift 3 is significantly shorter using google earths measuring tool.

Anybody else know any shorty detach lifts? With sski season ending or in limbo, I thought this could be an interesting thread.

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Shortest I have been on is River Run at Sun Valley at 600' vertical. The next one above it makes up for this at 2673' vertical.

TS
S

Steve Martin

Booting up
Skier
Alpine Valley in Wisconsin has the same owner as Bittersweet and Mt Holly. I believe the company is called Wisconsin resorts. Are the hifh speed quads also Poma?

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
I've gotten dizzy on the Bittersweet quad spinning laps. :) The River Run quad at SV is much longer.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I thought First Venture at Squaw was a detachable but it's fixed. 85' vertical.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Chets Dream at Loveland is only a 2.5min ride. But it covers 991 vertical feet making it one of the most efficient vertical gains per minute in the state.

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Here at our home hill Sugar Mountain Resort, Easy Street is a detachable quad covering a whopping 246 v/ft :). Honorable mention is the crazy for these parts Doppelmayr High Speed detachable 6, yes SIX Summit Express that takes you bottom to top all 1200 glorious vertical feet. It's a challenge to fill the dang thing up even on super crowded days, folks just don't know what to do with it.

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Alpine Valley in Wisconsin has the same owner as Bittersweet and Mt Holly. I believe the company is called Wisconsin resorts. Are the hifh speed quads also Poma?
Not sure. It’s been probably 15+ years since I skied Alpine Valley. IIRC when I was there they only had 1 HSQ. While they claim 388’ the entire resort skis much shorter. Like most southern WI ski hills you can ski top to bottom in dozens of seconds and probably less if you straight line.

P-Ute

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Homestake Express at Deer Valley, 264 vertical feet, Doppelmayr, per data on liftblog.com

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Rope tow is faster and more efficient for anything below 500' vert.

Green08

Front Range Skier
Skier
Rosebrook Quad at Breton Woods is the shortest I have ridden. 600 ft of quick vertical.
It might be the quickest/shortest detach in the East, which is not for beginner terrain