• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Vendome1888

Booting up
Skier
With production and shipping disrupted in Europe and China, will there be hard and soft goods shortages in shops this Fall?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I very much doubt it - most ski goods aren't consumables and it is hard to create deep scarcity in non-consumables without acute panics (like with gun sales) and without deliberate limits on production (like with diamonds).

It is (IMO much) more likely that purchasing will be disrupted and low-to-mid range goods will be surplus to market.

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
NPD Group probably has a report or data on it. Many retailers are already canceling F20 orders.

TS
V

Vendome1888

Booting up
Skier
Seems this subject is touched on in a thread on ski boot fitting next year
if F20 retail orders are cancelled, will product be manufactured?
any updates?

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Here in the East, we had a crappy winter, and I’m guessing due to that and early store closings, there’s a lot of softgoods as well as hardgoods left on the racks. So bringing in new inventory, if it’s available, could be a precarious situation. If shortages of new stuff occur, then maybe last year’s stuff will indeed fill the gap....IF enough customers come through the door.

NE1

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am not an industry insider, but I was always under the impression that by mid-winter most of the manufacturing runs for the following year were more or less complete, and re-tooling was starting for the season following that?

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
A bit of a drift but kind of important. More meat processing plants are shutting down due to the virus, It has happened already near the Tri-Cities in WA. If you have been thinking of becoming a vegetarian this would be a great time if not you might want to fill the freezer.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Backcountry Magazine podcast has a good discussion with some companiets about this.

Sponsor

Staff online