• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Shift template/jig

Freddo Bumps

Booting up
Skier
I’ve got a pair of Shifts that I’d like to share between skis via Quiver Killers or Binding Freedom. The only template I’ve seen is digital, and issues of scaling when printing make me [perhaps unjustifiably] nervous. Does anyone know what jig is used, or if there’s a template out there? Next question would be how to obtain said jig or template.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Shift has it's own jig. We actually rode the lift at Beaver Creek with the owner of Quiver Killer prior to attending SIA/OR.

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Post #1251 in the TGR binding thread

I have used that template twice now and provided you measure the scaling and double check that the holes really do line up with your bindings.. It's not that bad and the mount ends up perfectly in the center of the adjustment travel. Word of suggestion, follow the mounting order on the instructions that come with the Shifts, if you have a BSL smaller than mine (321) you may not be able to slide the heel piece onto the track if you install the toe piece first.

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There’s no need to be nervous about the scaling when mounting from a paper template. Select scale to 100% when you’re preparing to print, then measure the template once printed to make sure it is scaled correctly. Finally, do a test mount on a 2x4 or an old ski to make sure everything is perfect before mounting on your skis.

I won’t say it’s hard to screw up, because it does require care and you need to measure twice and cut once, but if you take your time and are methodical in going through the steps, you’ll wind up with a perfect mount.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I would just by the Jiagrex. it pays for it self eventually.