• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SHAMAN Skis - Out of business

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
K2, Rossingol/Dynastar, Faction, Elan, Hart, and IDone all make mogul skis, so the market isn’t completely devoid of options.

I suspect IDone does well in their domestic market since mogul skiing appears to be big in Japan, but I’m rather surprised Hart is hanging around, given how much of a niche product they have...
Almost everyone of those brands mentioned are working off of molds and inventories that are years old. Ad far as being void of options for IDone, go to any major mogul competition, 90+% of the competitors are on IDone (and Pivots and FullTilt) with the scraps going to the rest. I would say Rossi is the only other brand that is regularly a top finisher. As far as Hart, they are pretty much all Hart Japana skis now.

TS
CS2-6

CS2-6

>50% Chicken Fried Steak w/w
Skier
PSA:
I heard Zipline had a stash of Shaman skis, and I saw the President's e-mail (Chuck Heidenreich, President of Zipline sales, I presume? Maybe the whole company, not sure) mentioned in the comments section of the RIP Shaman Skis Facebook post. So I sent him a message just to see what he had in the way of cheap(er) skis.

He got back to me and said that the website lists all the new skis that are available as well as the current prices. He said he also had a set of 170cm demo skis at a shop in Pennsylvania. They've been drilled twice (once before the current mount) and have a set of Tyrolia demo bindings on them now. The skis and bindings have ~8 days on them.

I think I'll be passing on them, so they're up for grabs. $400 as is (with the bindings), $300 for just the skis (flat).

I'm not associated with Shaman, Zipline, or Mr. Heidenreich at all. I just thought I would let yall know about the opportunity in case any of yall were interested.

You can get in contact with him at:
Chuck Heidenreich
www.ziplineski.com [email protected]

Attachments

• IMG_8329.JPG
    IMG_8329.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8330.JPG
    IMG_8330.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8331.JPG
    IMG_8331.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8332.JPG
    IMG_8332.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8333.JPG
    IMG_8333.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8334.JPG
    IMG_8334.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 11

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I see two DPS and a ...is that a Bud Light ski from RAMP?

I have long been curious about the Shaman logo. It's sort of reminiscent of Norse graphic spellls, but of course Finns aren't Norse.

witchcraft-and-sorcery-in-iceland-5

This is how the Vikings measured the center line of their skis.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This falls under the category, "How do you make a small fortune in the ski business? Start with a large one". We talked to Chuck at OR last year, his focus was on Zipline bags, poles and goggles and the skis were kind of an after thought.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Almost everyone of those brands mentioned are working off of molds and inventories that are years old. Ad far as being void of options for IDone, go to any major mogul competition, 90+% of the competitors are on IDone (and Pivots and FullTilt) with the scraps going to the rest. I would say Rossi is the only other brand that is regularly a top finisher. As far as Hart, they are pretty much all Hart Japana skis now.
I see a lot of Harts with Pivots on the bumpers at Killington. I'll have to keep my eye out for ID Ones next season. Pretty sure I'd not be able to distinguish a Rossi mogul ski from their other race skis at a distance.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I see a lot of Harts with Pivots on the bumpers at Killington. I'll have to keep my eye out for ID Ones next season. Pretty sure I'd not be able to distinguish a Rossi mogul ski from their other race skis at a distance.
Almost all of the Harts are Hart Japana skis. IDOne is still THE ski (not to be confused with The Ski) at the competiion level and I would say they have a solid 90% of that market.

Sponsor