• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Start today, midday. Going to be exciting to see of being on a homehill (it should!) can gain the Swedish any positions. Not having any expectations, but a top ten would be an achievment at this point. A few questions re MS and LV will be answered.

TS
Swede

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Spectacular day. Should inspire to some spectacular dkiing. Not the fastest, longest or steepest, but lots of terrain. Shortened track. Not sure why... will find out.

EDIT: wind at the top. Didn’t look bad ... makes track less demanding. The start is one of the highlights inmo. Hopefully for the DH.

Last edited:

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Not really WCH worth SG, but with those little time difference probably quite interesting for spectators :) Only comment about LV... it would be time to put race skis away, have this rest of SG run as good bye I'm gone run, and forget about DH race. No matter how super easy track is, it's obviously still way too hard for her current conditions.

TS
Swede

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A pity that the start was lowered, but I have no opinion on the decision made by Olsson and Wallner. It was deemed as too dangerous for the skiers with wind gusts at the top.
Light changed a lot during the race, from clear to flat, and that altered the conditions for the second half of the field quite a lot. A few spectacular crashes, so not THAT easy, despite the lowered start. Very grippy snow. Crests, small jumps and rollers in 100+ km/h. But it was too short.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Love the raw emotions when people have a winning run.

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Please post results.

Love the raw emotions when people have a winning run.

Who won?

This is a ridiculous thread. Nobody will say anything for fear of "spoiling". Worthless.

Don't read a thread if you are worried about getting "spoiled". But don't spoil the information for those who won't get to watch later or actually want some relevant insight about the event by teasing and being silent.

Eric

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Please post results.

Who won?

This is a ridiculous thread. Nobody will say anything for fear of "spoiling". Worthless.

Don't read a thread if you are worried about getting "spoiled". But don't spoil the information for those who won't get to watch later or actually want some relevant insight about the event by teasing and being silent.

Eric

Shiffrin won by 0.02 over Goggia

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
As seen in the results, place 9 was +0.48 seconds back. Ridiculously close race.

Does Mikaela have a shot at most WC points in a season ever? Record was 2000?

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Please post results.

Who won?

Eric

I agree. The thread was appropriately titled so that if I was trying not to see the results I would not enter. I saw them bright and early on FB but I don't try to keep myself in suspense either.

TS
Swede

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thanks!

Did the shortened course have an effect?

Eric

Winning margin would have been greater with the standard course. This course has Mikaela written all over it. You need to be a very strong turner. Crests. Rollers. Technical. Kind of the opposite of the flying km. Strong GS skiers have a slight advantage over pure DH:ers.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I agree. The thread was appropriately titled so that if I was trying not to see the results I would not enter. I saw them bright and early on FB but I don't try to keep myself in suspense either.
I agree. As long as the post is appropriately titled and people are careful to only post results in that thread the spoiler is not needed.

The spoiler system isn’t worth the hassle, please suspend it. Anyone looking at ski racing on social media is already is exposed and there are only a dozen serious fans here anyway.
I disagree, the Spoiler function is easy to use & no hassle at all.