• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

September 7th - WC Tickets for Killington on sale

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We didn't go last year. This year we will be going so I've got a reminder set for 9am on 9/7. I know there's free viewing areas but I prefer the grandstand so I'll grab some tickets. Trying to decide between the $45 and the $110 tickets. We are likely just going for the GS event on saturday. I'm excited.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll go like I did last year, just hike to a viewing point and enjoy the show. No need to pay for seating - and the hike can be fun!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I'm just worried about it being too much of a sh!t show and I loathe crowds so I will feel better with an actual seat. I'm not much of a hiker but maybe if I was with someone who knew places to hike to and could help us get somewhere good then maybe. Otherwise. I'd rather just pay a little to have somewhere to put my bum with a designated row. Probably watch the GS event saturday and then either watch the slalom from one of the free spots, or we'll just go ski.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Being the the crowd is where the real fun is at! Finding a good sightline is really easy on Superstar. If you're willing to hike to the final knoll, you can see the entirety of the SL course and most of the GS course - all without paying an admission fee! You simply need to bring good hiking boots, and maybe a folding camp chair if you need a place to park yourself.

Last season, I was in the finish area adjacent to the "exit chute" from the finish corral (and on an arthritic hip that made standing in one place for a long time an extremely painful endeavor). I could see a decent amount of the GS course, and what I couldn't see was on a jumbo HD TV. The crowd around me was mostly hardcore ski racing fans from all over the place: old and young, men and women, all cheering their voices raw for the action. Sitting the stands would just feel... wrong to me.

But as I often say: just my $0.02, your mileage may vary.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I hear ya. We are just recently becoming killington 'locals. We will have our friend tracey and her 10 year old daughter with us. Tickets go on sale 9/7 @ 9am so if anyone wants to meet up to show us where to hang with us for a good place to park it so we can see, PM me.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We bought 3 grandstand tickets for the ladies event on Saturday. VIP and premier parking sold out within minutes. I know we could hike up and find a viewing point somewhere. I also know there's free grandstand seating provided. However, I'm not a huge fan of walking uphill and I'm not very tall so I just simply don't want to fight for a seat with the general public since it's going to be crazy crowded. Now I have a guaranteed place sit sit my a$$ so my greatest decision will be what beer am I drinking. Thinking we'll stay up in Killington for thanksgiving this year so planning to talk to the B & B owner of my favorite place on the access road to make that happen. This way we can ski turkey day and the day after before heading to our friends house in Chester. Just checked and everything's sold out except for the premier grandstand tickets for $100 a pop. Now I can get back to work :)

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Killington rewarded it’s 100 day club members with two grandstand tickets for each day. The lucky few five time 100 day members scored VIP tickets for the weekend. Heated finish line party is a big enough of a draw to get my off butt the slopes for a good piece of the day. Love the fact that a large chunk of the skiing world comes to my home turf for this amazing event. Loving this new Killington Thanksgiving tradition.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Killington rewarded it’s 100 day club members with two grandstand tickets for each day. The lucky few five time 100 day members scored VIP tickets for the weekend. Heated finish line party is a big enough of a draw to get my off butt the slopes for a good piece of the day. Love the fact that a large chunk of the skiing world comes to my home turf for this amazing event. Loving this new Killington Thanksgiving tradition.

That is so awesome. Congrats!!!! This'll be our first time at K'ton for thanksgiving but thinking this could be our new thing. We're staying in Chester from Friday-Sunday at our friends house but we're staying on the access road from Wednesday through Friday. What a great long weekend this is going to be. I know it'll be crazy crowded but maybe we'll run into each other. Would be nice to say hello.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
BTW, evidently a lot of crashes on the system. Quite a few irate people. I know one who was on it the minute it was available, intending to buy VIP and parking, and he had them in the cart FOUR times. Got dumped out before being able to enter his CC# the first two times. Then things crashed the next two times after he entered the CC#.

I am no IT guy, but I recall my IT folks telling me that you can scale up servers when you anticipate unusual traffic.

Unfortunate. But, I reminded this guy that it's more fun to be on the hill. He's pretty well connected. Somehow, he'll be in the VIP "tent", with the preferred parking. Others who may have been shut out will not be.

I have a feeling this year's crowd will blow away last year's. Which is tremendous!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
BTW, evidently a lot of crashes on the system. Quite a few irate people. I know one who was on it the minute it was available, intending to buy VIP and parking, and he had them in the cart FOUR times. Got dumped out before being able to enter his CC# the first two times. Then things crashed the next two times after he entered the CC#.

I am no IT guy, but I recall my IT folks telling me that you can scale up servers when you anticipate unusual traffic.

Unfortunate. But, I reminded this guy that it's more fun to be on the hill. He's pretty well connected. Somehow, he'll be in the VIP "tent", with the preferred parking. Others who may have been shut out will not be.

I have a feeling this year's crowd will blow away last year's. Which is tremendous!

How frustrating. I knew right after my first attempt when I saw the hourglass of death that the servers were in trouble. I had 3 attempts before I was able to complete my transaction. I had premier parking in my cart the first time but after the first crash it was no longer available a few minutes later when I went for take 2 before it crashed again. I was finally able to buy my 3 tickets on the 3rd go around. I'm grateful I was able to get through. My philosophy is I'd always rather be skiing but I figured we'd take one day and watch it this year. I'll be skiing thanksgiving and the day after so it'll be fun to watch the event on saturday. We'll likely ski sunday at Bromley.

Last edited:

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
How frustrating. I knew right after my first attempt when I saw the hourglass of death that the servers were in trouble. I had 3 attempts before I was able to complete my transaction. I had premier parking in my cart the first time but after the first crash it was no longer available a few minutes later when I went for take 2 before it crashed again. I was finally able to buy my 3 tickets on the 3rd go around. I'm grateful I was able to get through. My philosophy is I'd always rather be skiing but I figured we'd take one day and watch it this year. I'll be skiing thanksgiving and the day after so it'll be fun to watch the event on saturday. We'll likely ski sunday at Bromley.

It was one of my more frustrating BUYING experiences. The BUY option did not appear on my computer until 9:15. Once they appeared I put 7 Sat grandstand tix and 6 Sunday grandstand in my shopping cart. Then I clicked on VIP parking and some strange calendar pop-up appeared. I knew that was wrong so I exited it and continued to just buy the grandstand seats. I completed the order, but it seemed to freeze up and I got no confirmation. I waited awhile for an e-mail to see if it somehow it went thru. At 9:40am, I assumed my order did not go thru and I reentered an order for 6 Sunday grandstands only, since Sat grandstand seats were sold out by then. That purchase went through fine.
If I recall last year, they roped off the ability to climb the hill on Sunday. I will stand and hike, if possible, on Sat now, but I really wanted the parking passes as last year that was key. Very disappointing morning.
And I sure hope Bromley is open on that Sunday. That would be a good sign!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
It was one of my more frustrating BUYING experiences. The BUY option did not appear on my computer until 9:15. Once they appeared I put 7 Sat grandstand tix and 6 Sunday grandstand in my shopping cart. Then I clicked on VIP parking and some strange calendar pop-up appeared. I knew that was wrong so I exited it and continued to just buy the grandstand seats. I completed the order, but it seemed to freeze up and I got no confirmation. I waited awhile for an e-mail to see if it somehow it went thru. At 9:40am, I assumed my order did not go thru and I reentered an order for 6 Sunday grandstands only, since Sat grandstand seats were sold out by then. That purchase went through fine.
If I recall last year, they roped off the ability to climb the hill on Sunday. I will stand and hike, if possible, on Sat now, but I really wanted the parking passes as last year that was key. Very disappointing morning.
And I sure hope Bromley is open on that Sunday. That would be a good sign!

Same here. My second go round I think it was it froze on me right after I hit complete purchase so I wasn't sure if it went through or not. No email so I tried again, third time was the charm and got an email right after. Glad you at least got sunday grandstand seats. I had VIP parking in my first attempt but that went bye bye after the first freeze. I was willing to pay the $45 for the parking pass so I'm bummed about that. I know they'll be parking around, even a shuttle from Pico but I just wanted to pay for the convenience since it'll be so crowded. Ah well.

Bromley is usually open on by Thanksgiving day so we should be good for sunday. Granted it'll likely just be Spring Trail but I'll take a few laps on that before it's beer o'clock.

SkiSpeed

Getting off the lift
Skier
And I sure hope Bromley is open on that Sunday. That would be a good sign![/QUOTE]

If Bromley isn't open, Stratton usually is. Their goal is to open on the Wed before Thanksgiving and if the coverage is good, they will open earlier.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
And I sure hope Bromley is open on that Sunday. That would be a good sign! If Bromley isn't open, Stratton usually is. Their goal is to open on the Wed before Thanksgiving and if the coverage is good, they will open earlier.

As far as I know Bromley's been open on the sunday after thanksgiving for the past few years. Good to know about Stratton, although I've never skied there. Not overly thrilled with the vibe there although I do love going there for their columbus day sales :). If anything we'll head to Bromley on Sunday to pick up our courtesy staff jackets, turn in our schedules for the season and hopefully get a few runs in on the 1 trail that's open :)

Burton

Getting on the lift
Skier
I went last year for the slalom. Did not have tickets, and had fears that the free area would be at capacity (I had no clue how much room there would be). Got there with my kids while it was still dark. Turns out, I should not have worried, and I'm glad I didn't buy tickets. I parked in the closest free lot which wasn't bad, and we stood right on the fence at the exit chute. Great view, and the kids got gear signed as the racers exited the finish area. After the race, someone emailed me a picture of my kids getting a high five from Mikaela they pulled off ESPN or someplace. Made for an epic day, all for free.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I bought the $110 tickets so I have lift tickets for the whole weekend. We booked Thanksgiving through Monday at the Snowed Inn B&B just a half mile from SnowShed. I missed out on the VIP parking tickets but we've already contacted Killington about handicap access as my wife is a disabled veteran so we've been afforded some information to ease that. The folks at Killington are great. I'm really stoked about this trip. WC has been on my bucket list for a long time and I'm a huge fan of the women's circuit.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Pugski will have two people at Killing to cover the event under media passes. I'm excited to hear and see what this brings!

The lucky few five time 100 day members scored VIP tickets for the weekend.
Am I to assume that you're a VIP Recipient?
:yahoo:

I bought the $110 tickets so I have lift tickets for the whole weekend. We booked Thanksgiving through Monday at the Snowed Inn B&B just a half mile from SnowShed. I missed out on the VIP parking tickets but we've already contacted Killington about handicap access as my wife is a disabled veteran so we've been afforded some information to ease that. The folks at Killington are great. I'm really stoked about this trip. WC has been on my bucket list for a long time and I'm a huge fan of the women's circuit.
How long of a drive is it for you? IIRC it was something like 12 hrs??

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Pugski will have two people at Killing to cover the event under media passes. I'm excited to hear and see what this brings!

How long of a drive is it for you? IIRC it was something like 12 hrs??
It's going to be a solid 12 hr. drive......

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier

My wife is the media team leader again this year. The media bags last year came with a sample bottle of Whistle Pig from Shoreham,Vt. My favorite story from last year was that Dan Egan showed up late for his on hill passes. She had to tell he that he missed the mandatory meeting required to get on hill access and he was SOL.

Yes I will get VIP passes for being one of the 21 Killington passholders that were scanned at least 100 days per season for the past five years. Amazing reward for doing what I love and showing up to ski.

Sponsor

Staff online