• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Selling Dynafit huascaran, binders&skins

TheBestSkier

Getting on the lift
Skier
20160406_215027.jpg 20160406_214856.jpg 20160406_215027.jpg 20160406_214856.jpg 20160406_215554.jpg they have less than 20 days of touring on them. 2 hours of resort pow day.1 cosmetic scratch. Perfect condition otherwise. $400

[186cm] 135 / 114 / 124 mm
each ski weighs 4lbs 1 oz
Tourist-trapping mega resorts and carbon-spewing chopper outfits are the bane of your existence. Dynafit made the Huascaran ski to lead you far away from mass-marketed mountains to legendarily deep lines. This is the widest Dynafit ski ever produced, and it charges with the aggression of an ancient mountain beast and floats like a snowy owl on wing.

Starting at the tip, you'll find Dynafit's Scoop Rocker, a long, rockered camber profile that keeps the tip elevated so you can punch through choppy chunder and stay on top of light, fresh snow. Gently rising tail rocker allows you to release the tail so you can pivot to change direction quickly or scrub some speed after a long, fast straight line. Despite its girth, the Huascaran is impressively maneuverable. Three types of of wood and a pair of Isocore stringers make this ski feel lightweight and responsive, and the triple-radius sidecut shape gives you progressively tighter turns as you tip the Huascaran further and further on edge. You get solid big-mountain performance in everything from notorious ski-movie terrain to tight, storm-day tree stashes.

To make ascending smooth, a big-mountain ski like the Huascaran requires a few additional touring-specific features. The tail uses a pintail shape to make it easier to slide this stick into the loops on your pack for boot packing, the tip accommodates Dynafit's Speed Skin touring skin attachments, and the base is made of a lightning-fast sintered graphite coating. Add a pair of lightweight touring bindings, and this is a ski that will break trail and allow you to pick your way to any stash or line you can spot from the valley.

Compared to the rest of Dynafit's touring skis, the Huascaran is securely planted in the world of freeride touring. This is the only Dynafit ski offered in an Alaska-ready 196cm length, and it's the only one with a triple-radius sidecut and a fully rockered profile. The Dynafit Grand Teton is the only ski that's comparable when it comes to width; otherwise, the Huascaran stands alone as the biggest brother in a family of light-and-fast touring skis.

• Scoop Rocker at the tip and low rocker at the tail
  • Cap construction with Torsion Box technology
  • Combination paulownia, bamboo, beech, and Iscore core
  • Fiberglass and carbon laminate with Titanal inserts
  • Triple Radius sidecut with Pintail-shape tail
  • KLICK touring-skin attachment and pintail-shape flat tail

Last edited:

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Rad. Forwarding to a friend. If he's not in I may claim. You're near the Front Range right?

TS
TheBestSkier

TheBestSkier

Getting on the lift
Skier
Yeah. I could get them down there real easy or pick them up in summit. It's a great set up in great shape. I got a good deal on them so I'm selling cheap.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I dont need a pow touring setup. I dont need a pow touring setup. I dont need a pow touring setup.

I'm giving my buddy an hour or two to lay claim since he actually does need a new touring setup. Are the skins the dynafits?

TS
TheBestSkier

TheBestSkier

Getting on the lift
Skier
Yes you do need this. Everyone needs this. The skins are factory cut Dynafits. They're the color of the cheap blue tp I use to find at my grandparents house. They clip in the rear and then a rubber plug in the front.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Purty skis.

TS
TheBestSkier

TheBestSkier

Getting on the lift
Skier
I dont need a pow touring setup. I dont need a pow touring setup. I dont need a pow touring setup.

I'm giving my buddy an hour or two to lay claim since he actually does need a new touring setup. Are the skins the dynafits?

I hear winter starts this weekend. You're gonna need these. I can get them to the city today. I'll sweetin the deal with a skin pouch.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Whoops -- sorry I didn't see this. Can't believe they haven't sold. They'd be gone on TGR in a hot minute. Unfortunately buying some Llahsa Pows (a grail ski for me) for stupid cheap so will have to pass for now.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
aww cmon jmeb, even us snow-deprived right coasters are drooling over these.

Even gear whore me can't justify 2 powder touring skis. Llhasas are a ski I've been watching out for for a long time and the price is too good. Someone will get a steal on this setup and be very happy.

TS
TheBestSkier

TheBestSkier

Getting on the lift
Skier
I'm going to post them on craigslist for more money and see if that helps.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I'm going to post them on craigslist for more money and see if that helps.

Are you MiCol over on TGR? That place would eat these up I feel.

If not, whoever works with you and manages that user name does a great job representing your gear.

TS
TheBestSkier

TheBestSkier

Getting on the lift
Skier
Are you MiCol over on TGR? That place would eat these up I feel.

If not, whoever works with you and manages that user name does a great job representing your gear.

No that's not me. That's Mike who started Freeride Systems. He would want a cut if he sold these for me.

TS
TheBestSkier

TheBestSkier

Getting on the lift
Skier
SOLD!!! I had priced them too low. I bumped the price up and now they gone. I'll throw some more up here soon. Thanks for playing.