• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I totally get why @Tricia was pissed. They left a fire burning. Fire ban or not, NOT good. How many fires have started because of that? I can think of a few here in CO over the last few years.

I think the smoke was probably a bit worse before you flew up there. I know while we were there we didn't see the west side of the lake from Sunnyside for like 7 days. One day we had to go down to Carson and Reno. Carson was a chokefest. Seemed like the fire was close and there was a brown cloud that smelled like a fire was reasonably close. The weekend of the Chris-Craft gathering it got better and the west side was visible.

The really sad part was we drove to Tahoe and were in smoke pretty much the whole way from CO to Tahoe. Some places worse than others. Some had little to no smoke. Went to an event at Park City / DV … smoke. Even yesterday the local Denver Fox station, Fox31, was talking about how bad the smoke still is here in CO.

Here is a nice scenic shot (not) while out on the lake. Can't see the sun very well. Not much of the sky. Not much of the shoreline. This is the middle of the day, not dusk or dawn.

IMG_1554.JPG

This shot is pretty much a good example of the smoke from Squaw all the way to here in CO

IMG_1550.JPG

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I wasn't going to post this here because its about a camper in California, which is also almost entirely on fire. :(
But here's the story.
I went out to visit @Andy Mink and his crew last week to ride bikes with Laura and Jasmine.
There was a car camper in a PT Cruiser at the camp spot just before Andy's crew.
The dude and his girlfriend pulled out of their camp site and left smoldering in their fire pit. When I reached the fire pit I realized that it had actual flame.
:facepalm:
All of the fire pits had a yellow flag stating the burn ban.
39500592_10160501681815018_3455121385121120256_n.jpg

39665487_10160500093780018_5411385336687230976_n.jpg

Needless to say, I was irate!
We put the fire out with some dirt and the water from our camelbacks.

Sponsor

Staff online