• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Seeking your help to develop an eco-friendly ski-wax

Anirudh Mukundan

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hey Guys,

I'm Anirudh M, a chemical engineering master's student from the university of Groningen (RUG), Netherlands. Our group (we are a group of three) are doing a research project wherein we are trying to formulate an eco-friendly ski-wax. We would like your help on this if you guys are willing to take your time to fill this survey as it would guide us in the right direction to come up with a feasible solution.

I have attached the link to the form for your reference.

Link: https://forms.gle/3otpAA1327QUrth8A
Feel free to post your questions / queries if you have any.

Cheers,
Anirudh M

snwbrdr

Out on the slopes
Skier
There's already fluorine free and biodegradable ski waxes from companies large and small. You have to tell us, what's your novel solution that you're researching, or for the manufacturers, especially the big manufacturers, what novel manufacturing process for a problem you're trying to solve.

The common adage is: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
The engineer's version of it is "If it ain't broke, I think I can make it better"

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Done. Glad to help a fellow chemical engineer.

IMO, the next truly significant step forward in ski waxing would be a simple to apply liquid or spray wax that performs better than hot wax in all measurable metrics.

Sponsor