• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Seasucker Ski rack?

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Surprisingly, no they don't.

View attachment 86492

Same for rackattack.com searching more generally.

I'd go with inside.
If you have to go outside, you might need to fall back on a low-tech answer like this:
TIROL universal carrier
715%2Bul4KWZL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

:geek: :geek: :geek:

Those look ghetto / sketchy AF!

They might work. But if I se a car with skis on those on the highway im staying far away.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Hello everyone,

I just found this ski forum and am excited to be a member of it. This year I am trying to get a lot of skiing in, and one issue I have is transporting my skis to the mountain. The drive to the mountain is somewhere between 3-4 hours. With my car, it does not have any roof racks available and the back seats do not fold down. When I put my car information on one of the roof rack sites they suggested this suction cup roof rack (https://www.seasucker.com/collections/car-racks/products/monkey-bars). I am wondering if any of you have heard of it and used it?

The other option is to get a hitch rack for my car which is available but I would want to keep my skis protected from the elements on the drive up. With a roof rack, I can use a cargo box to protect them.

And the last option would be to store them in my car. Any suggestions for keeping them secure in the rear part of the cabin? One idea I have is to put the skis in a ski bag and put the bag on an angle and wrap one of the seat belts around it.

Options:
Suction Cup Roof Rack
Hitch ski rack
Store in the rear of the cabin

Thanks

if you follow the instructions those sea sucker racks are actually VERY strong.

My friends use a similar system for mounting their MTBs on their cars and they have yet to have any issues after years of use.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
I had one of these racks 15 years ago. It worked fine for the few months I used it. It hooks on your car's window

View attachment 86602
I remember watching skis in those whipping in the wind and wondering why the windows didn't shatter!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What kind of bags do you put the skis in?

I'm a big fan of Glissade bags. Lovingly hand sewn in some guy's basement in MN: http://www.glissade.com/

If you don't mind drilling into your classic automobile, Thule Top Tracks should work to get modern accessories safely stuck to your roof.

Great idea. Not crazy expensive, either.

if you follow the instructions those sea sucker racks are actually VERY strong.

My friends use a similar system for mounting their MTBs on their cars and they have yet to have any issues after years of use.

Agreed. They seem spooky in concept, but hold like crazy. They even have some little color thingy or something that alerts you when to pump up (down?) the vacuum.

But the padded in the back would still be my choice.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
I'm a big fan of Glissade bags. Lovingly hand sewn in some guy's basement in MN: http://www.glissade.com/

Great idea. Not crazy expensive, either.

Agreed. They seem spooky in concept, but hold like crazy. They even have some little color thingy or something that alerts you when to pump up (down?) the vacuum.

But the padded in the back would still be my choice.
Manufacturer told me definitely do not use at freeway speeds!

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I will always understood that you were to wear ”seasucker” until after Easter.

Sponsor

Staff online