• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Searching for Old Favorites: Best 2nd Hand Ski Stores in CO? Best Ski Swaps?

JackO

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hello Pugski World-

As it happens, some of my favorite skis of the past are no longer in production - or they are not the same iteration of what they once were. And as expected I'm having a hell of a time finding them again.

I'm nostalgically searching for 2014 or earlier Blizzard Bushwackers and/or 2002-ish vintage K2 Work Stinx.

What are some favorite second-hand/consignment sports stores in CO? Any solid ski swaps to consider? Or anyone have these skis and want to trade or sell?

Thanks

JackO

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
If you're searching for a specific ski, I don't think there is a single shop in CO that is more than 0.5% likely to have that ski. Consignment/second-hand carry small ski inventories if any.

Ebay, here, or TGR are your best bet.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
If you're searching for a specific ski, I don't think there is a single shop in CO that is more than 0.5% likely to have that ski. Consignment/second-hand carry small ski inventories if any.

Ebay, here, or TGR are your best bet.

Wot, no front-range c-list?

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Wot, no front-range c-list?

Maybe. But people there don't hoard skis from 2002 or likely having something in reasonable conditions.

Money would probably be better spent at Loveland demo day in the fall trying out new skis.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Have you looked online? If I were looking for a specific pair of skis I'd google to see if there any listings/postings of them anywhere. You never know a store could have them or someone on CT, SidelineSwap or one of the auction sites could have them.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
AFAICT, it's all 'maybe' at this point. Maybe ReCycle Sports, maybe the thrift store, ya never know.

Wonder what happened to @telerod, he deffo kept a bunch of Work Stinxes.

Last edited:

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Bushwacker is easy as they make it again and it’s very similar if not better than the 2014 version. Still places with last year’s stock with traditional bindings on deals.

Do you telemark with the K2 skis? Not familiar with that ski and did a quick search to find lots of mediocre reviews of it with most complaining how bad it is on harder snow which isn’t good for a ski only 88mm wide. Lots of new options that would easily outperform them I’m sure.

I’d be posting on places like this/Teton Gravity and telemark forums for newer skis that are “similar but better” than the K2 and go from there. And then demo!

Sponsor

Staff online