• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Schwinn Grey Ghost Reproduction

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
22780688_1585957311463799_1193665771945585798_n.jpg

I never had a Grey Ghost, just an Apple Krate and a Lemon Peeler (fastback). This would be pretty cool to have.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier

James

Out There
Instructor
IMG_5278.JPG

Another Grey Ghost:
IMG_5279.JPG

Queen Mary on 20 June 1945, New York.
-https://m.warhistoryonline.com/guest-bloggers/story-grey-ghost-largest-fastest-troopship-world-war-ii.html

If it wasn't a historical name for Schwinn they might not have been able to get away with it. All it takes is 2-3 YouTubers with manufactured outrage...
Seems pretty level headed. Looks like he considered the whole "Lost Cause" movement mostly bs.

"I've always understood that we went to war on account of the thing we quarreled with the North about. I've never heard of any other cause than slavery."

------
In the letter, Mosby explained his reasons as to why he fought for the Confederacy, despite personally disapproving of slavery. While he admitted that the Confederate states had seceded to protect and defend their institution of slavery, he had felt it was his patriotic duty as a Virginian to fight on behalf of the Confederacy, stating that "I am not ashamed of having fought on the side of slavery—a soldier fights for his country—right or wrong—he is not responsible for the political merits of the course he fights in" and that "The South was my country."
--------
-wikipedia

Last edited:

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The Confederacy had way better nicknames.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I never had a Grey Ghost, just an Apple Krate and a Lemon Peeler (fastback). This would be pretty cool to have.
That is cool, no idea what I'd do with it other then hanging it on a wall.

Back in the Hot Wheels, Easy Rider, Corvette Mako Shark era I had an early 1970's Schwinn Grey Ghost with a 5-speed and auto like stick shift and hand brakes. It looked cool but was heavy, slow and pretty much useless for anything other then popping wheelies and tyking around the neighborhood.

James

Out There
Instructor
Back in the Hot Wheels, Easy Rider, Corvette Mako Shark era I had an early 1970's Schwinn Grey Ghost with a 5-speed and auto like stick shift and hand brakes. It looked cool but was heavy, slow and pretty much useless for anything other then popping wheelies and tyking around the neighborhood.
Wasn't that the point?

Put a steering wheel on it-
IMG_5283.JPG

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Wasn't that the point?

Put a steering wheel on it-
Well yes, which is why I grew out of it in two years time and traded it in for a 10spd Continental.

IIRC, Schwinn Stingray Orange Krate and so on series had a monthly full inner or outer cover page add in Boys Life Magazine which came free with my Cub Scouts membership. I don't recal ever seeing the Huffy Wheel add or the bike.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

Lol, I had an orange french? :eek: knock-off with a 5 speed shifter - I remember the giant SACHS logo on the stick. Coaster brake.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Lol, I had an orange french? :eek: knock-off with a 5 speed shifter - I remember the giant SACHS logo on the stick. Coaster brake.
LOL!
Prior to the Grey Ghost I had a chartreuse colored "toy store" who knows what knock off which looked like a motorcycle with faux left and right side front spring shocks on the fork parallel to the head tube, a 5 speed shifter which resembled that "Huffy Wheel" brake lever, front and rear drum brakes and a banana seat. It was my first bike, not counting my sisters' coaster brake hand me down girls drop frame bike.

Last edited:

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
When I was twelve we had one of these sears tandem bikes. My friend and I would take it all over all night. Some of the most fun you can have on a bike. We could leave a skid mark over the lengh of a basketball court. Unfortunately we broke the frame.

bike.jpg
bike.jpg