• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Just got and accepted an invite to Steamboat, January 10-18 2020. Our friend is renting there for a month next winter. 3 bedroom condo in town, on the shuttle bus route. That is all I know.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Steamboat Powder Cats!

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
TS
Crank

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Looks like we will be getting Ikon passes. It's about thw same price as a 5-day Steamboat pass.

Thanks Ron for the link to your unofficial guide. I sent it to my condo renting friend as well.

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
I'd also happy to help in any way I can since I'm also a Boat local. Be happy to provide another take on skiing, restaurants, etc.

Love giving tours too to show off our awesome mountain if you want one.

Only about a dozen weeks until snow comes back...:daffy:

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Take @Bruuuce up on his offer! He and his lovely wife gave us a fantastic tour last season - including the best place to eat lunch. It made our 4 day trip that much better because we knew how to navigate the mountain. They are great company as well!

Ross Biff

The older I get, the faster I was....
Skier
I spent a couple of seasons working in Steamboat back in the day. I had other location options but the place grabbed me straight away and I felt immediately at home and at ease. I hope it does the same for you Crank.

TS
Crank

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Only if it's you... Josh doesn't get south of Stowe.

I have mountain biked and hiked Steamboat. It ain't super steep, but, from what I saw and what I have heard it is a tree skiing paradise.

I like tree skiing...not the trees themselves so much as the fresh powder between them.

I am good with info. at this point because 2 locals have volunteered to answer questions and even tour us around. This is what I love about this online community that spills over into the real world...Okay, maybe skiing isn't the real world.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There are steep places. @Ron I tried to find that one picture of me in Chute 1 the day we picked up the Gatorade there but can't locate it. I think it shows the steep side of Steamboat well as I recall.

Reactions: Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I will look for it. yes, if the conditions are good, we'll go into some of those spots. But there are plenty of great spots to hit on a pow day for sure.

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
Only if it's you... Josh doesn't get south of Stowe.

I have mountain biked and hiked Steamboat. It ain't super steep, but, from what I saw and what I have heard it is a tree skiing paradise.

I like tree skiing...not the trees themselves so much as the fresh powder between them.

I am good with info. at this point because 2 locals have volunteered to answer questions and even tour us around. This is what I love about this online community that spills over into the real world...Okay, maybe skiing isn't the real world.

Yeah, we have a few steep runs, but they are short, and IMHO, not the best skiing on our mountain. Other mountains are much better for puckering. Trees and powder? Yeah, the Boat rocks those. Agree on this community. I've already met some great friends already.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Kudos to the locals who step up to help virtual strangers here at PugSki. It's amazing how much better your ski day gets when you know which log jam lifts to avoid and when. Getting stuck in a 45 minute gridlock as usually happens in a few bottleneck areas around lunch time, when you're also hAngry can really bog down your stoke.

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Sooooo . . . my annual bday trip very likely just became Steamboat for the Winter Wondergrass festival. Looking at Feb 20-24, maybe add a day on either end of that, tbd. Went looking for a 2019-20 Steamboat Stoke thread, didn't find it, figured this was close enough!

@Ron just read your awesomely excellent Unofficial Resort Guide. I'm sold. Disney trees? Yes please. Would love to buy you locals a beer | coffee | whatever and get a proper tour of the mtn.

Sponsor