• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

School Me On How to Review Skis

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It's sometimes fun to have a 'first impression' view.
OK, well, they felt like a sports car on my feet :D I skied faster than I ever have, with more confidence, DOWN the fall line, on run after run. Super quick turning, long radius, short radius, didn't matter. Edge grip like I've always heard about Volkl (there were some sheered off and icy patches out there today.) Stable, smooth through choppy spots, held the turn like they were on rails.
Scratch that, they might have felt more like they had rocket launchers on them. Yet I have never felt more in control on a pair of skis. :daffy:Interestingly, my boot issues were almost non-existent. I cannot explain this at all.

For reference, I skied them in a 163. I am 5'5" and weigh 125. They are 90mm under foot. Mounted with **gasp** Marker Squire demos. I'm buying them with those bindings. The whole package just worked for me. And they are LIGHT.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You think you liked the Kenja..wait till you try next years ***** ******! :0:duck:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
You think you liked the Kenja..wait till you try next years ***** ******! :0:duck:
They changed them two years in a row? I honestly can't imagine liking them more than I do! Except the graphics--not a fan of the pink.