• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Santa Needs "Cool" Goggles for Teens

Suzski

Putting on skis
Skier
From my BFF:

"The grand-kids want ski goggles for Xmas...the over the helmet kind. They wear adult sizes.
Can you recommend good goggles with a cool factor? Any thing to look for, look out for?"

I have no kids and I'm definitely not cool. Does anyone have recommendations? Price is probably not much of a concern, though I doubt she's in the market for $300.00 goggles.

Thanx!!

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If any of the grand-kids in question are girls I would suggest the Anon WM1 instead of the M2. Even though they wear adult sizes the women's version has a smaller frame/lens which often fits better on our faces. I tried both the M2 and the WM1 and the M2 was just too big and pressed on my nose such that I couldn't breathe well. There isn't a WM2 version as of yet. I have only used my WM1s for 1 short day so far but I liked them that day and am looking forward to trying the flat light lens.

Reactions: Ron

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
that would depend if they are park rats @dean_spirito for those but Smith I/OX, I/O7 or def' Anon M2's.
Do the park rats still wear the strap UNDER the helmet? A couple years ago that was a thing around these parts with the free doggers..

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
The cool factor depends on who they look up to, and what kind of skiing. For example, racers: POC, Shred, Oakley. Just saying.
My wife wears women's size Smith frames. My daughter wears the medium sized POC. Anon is cool.

One other thing.....you sort of need to try the goggles on while wearing your helmet. Some fit much better than others.

If I were Grandma, I might do a VISA gift card for each, to let them buy locally, or I would consider buying from a big outlet like Backcountry, where they can easily be returned and exchanged.

Sorry to complicate things!

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I would think fit and colour would be the thing. Along with the "who is wearing what" attitude. Locally we only have access to Oakley, Anon and Salomon. And only Salomon seems to fit my Salomon helmet.

TS
Suzski

Suzski

Putting on skis
Skier
Thanx all. This is helpful info. BFF's complication is that she is in the U.S. and the kids are in Switzerland. That makes exchanges a bit more problematic. I've sent her to Backcountry.com to talk w/the online assistant.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Giro and Anon (possibly other brands) have lenses that attach via magnets for super quick lens changes. That might be cool.

Smith has brought their Chromapop technology to ski goggles. It makes colours pop and enhances clarity. AFAIK Smith is the only goggle company to manufacture (not just assemble) their products in the USA.

Sponsor