• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Salt.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
How do you wax for salt? Just waxed the kid's skis for tomorrow. Forecast is a high of 33F with sleet all day 2-5 inches of it in fact. I waxed Swix HFBW8 with Warm Turbo overlay. Considering the sleet, I'd almost say that HF10 would be the call. But what if they salt? Go down to 7? Of course we have no idea if they will salt or not, so the 8 seemed like a reasonable gamble.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
They will salt tomorrow. Stay with what you have, but extra roto time w the brass for some better grooves for them big salt crystals & then anti static horsehair FTW.

BGreen

Out on the slopes
Skier
I haven’t done any significant testing, but I’ve become a fan of TOKO DLC, but the BW is probably as good or better.

Personally, I might drop to HFBW7, especially if you need two runs on it. The 8 will be faster in the temp range if the snow isn’t too aggressive. In theory, if you are salting, you will let the Hill sit for a while so it all dissolves. Reality is different. Definitely bring other skis to inspect especially if salt is thrown before inspection. It should be salted after, but again what should be and what is aren’t always the same.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Seems like it was pretty good, waxed the same for tomorrow.