• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

James

Out There
Instructor
Asking for a friend....
Can one order just brakes for a demo binding? Are they the same as the non demo Warden? Ski is106mm.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Asking for a friend....
Can one order just brakes for a demo binding? Are they the same as the non demo Warden? Ski is106mm.
I beleive it is the same brake as the retail one, you can let your friend know.

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
They look weirdly identical to Attacks. I know those are different designs, but most modern bindings with the exception of Look have converged on an almost universal design. I like Attacks and I am sure I will like the Wardens. I still much prefer a retail binding to a demo one, but that is irrelevant for a test ski.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
Pugski.com is proud to announce that it has chosen Salomon as the official binding of its test fleet. When testing skis, we look to remove as many variables as we can; using the same binding on every ski allows us to concentrate on a ski’s performance without worrying whether the binding is affecting the results. Salomon’s Warden MNC 13 DT has one of the lowest stand heights of any two-part demo binding; this allows a test ski to perform more like it would with a typical retail binding. Owner Phil Pugliese is excited about the relationship: "Bindings are about confidence, and I have been using Salomon bindings off and on since the mid-1970s, going back to the 727. The Warden MNC 13 DT will allow us to get the most out of our test fleet for our readers."

In some cases, a manufacturer will specify a particular binding for a ski; otherwise, you will start seeing Salomon Warden MNC 13 demos on all the skis in Pugski.com's test fleet.

About Pugski.com: Pugski.com has become a leader in skiing news, information, and gear reviews in a very short time. Pugski.com reviews are unique and interactive, allowing consumers to discuss and debate gear with their testers. Pugski.com creates excitement like no other review site or skiing publication. As the online ski community continues to grow, Pugski.com has been at the forefront of content creation, information, and traffic generation. Since its launch in 2015, Pugski.com has enjoyed tens of millions of page views.

About Salomon: Born in the French Alps in 1947, Salomon is committed to pushing the boundaries of mountain sports through the creation of innovative equipment that allows people to play, progress, and challenge themselves in their chosen outdoor sports. The company produces and sells premium footwear, winter sports and mountaineering equipment, hiking equipment, and apparel specifically designed for all of those disciplines. Products are developed in the company’s Annecy Design Center, where engineers, designers, and athletes collaborate to create innovative solutions that continually improve the outdoor experiences of those who see nature as a vast playground.
I have used salomon bindings before my 727 bindings. I have some on a couple of skis that I have now. I have never had a problem with any of them. I am interested to see what your reviews of the Warden MNC 13 bindings say. I did buy the Attack 13 and find them to be spot on to your review and really like them.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't know, we took calipers and measured the heel vs. toe height of my Attacks (admittedly non-demo, but all 3 pair I own) and my Warden 13 demos, and the Wardens are same toe and heel height, but the Attacks measure almost 5mm higher in the heel.

Anyway, I do like the Wardens a lot and was admittedly surprised that the Attacks (according to our on-ski measurements) were not flat at all. I could feel it when testing skis, too.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Well lookie what I saw on the trail today:

Nice kit :cool:

IMG_4307.JPG

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yes, the part number is the same for the regular Warden MNC and the Warden MNC Demo.

According to the parts catalog I found online when looking for myself last week, the part number for 115 mm Warden MNC 13 brakes is L3512430025, for Warden MNC 11 brakes it is L3816300025.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Brake options for Sth2 13, Sth 2 16, Warden 13 and Warden 13 Demo:
  • 80mm L3512430010
  • 90mm L3512430015
  • 100mm L3512430020
  • 115mm L3512430025
  • 130mm L3512430030

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I don't know, we took calipers and measured the heel vs. toe height of my Attacks (admittedly non-demo, but all 3 pair I own) and my Warden 13 demos, and the Wardens are same toe and heel height, but the Attacks measure almost 5mm higher in the heel.
I just measured both demo binding, rounding the the nearest millimeter...
  • Warden demo:
    • Toe: 27mm
    • Heel: 30mm
  • Attack 2 13 demo:
    • Toe: 31mm
    • Heel: 34mm

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I just measured both demo binding, rounding the the nearest millimeter...
  • Warden demo:
    • Toe: 27mm
    • Heel: 30mm
  • Attack 2 13 demo:
    • Toe: 31mm
    • Heel: 34mm

4mm is about 1/8 inch. I don't know, but I think that for most skiers that is not enough of a height difference to bother to factor in to a buying decision.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
4mm is about 1/8 inch. I don't know, but I think that for most skiers that is not enough of a height difference to bother to factor in to a buying decision.

Agreed. Plus the delta is 3mm on both bindings.

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
@DanoT Remember
This is a demo binding

Consumers usually do not select these or even have the option to select them most of the time

It may be useful for demo considerations but I seriously doubt that will be that much of a factor

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@DanoT Remember
This is a demo binding

Consumers usually do not select these or even have the option to select them most of the time

It may be useful for demo considerations but I seriously doubt that will be that much of a factor
This is one(emphasis on one) consideration for us when considering what demo bindings we use to give the pugski members the most "consumer" feel when trying a ski.

If you're skiing two different demo bindings on the same ski with the same mount point, you may feel a significant difference.

James

Out There
Instructor
Can you get just the tracks?
I'm looking for thw tracks that fit XDR 88 system demo bindings. I assume they're the same?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Can you get just the tracks?
I'm looking for thw tracks that fit XDR 88 system demo bindings. I assume they're the same?
No, and yes they are the same.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Congrat's Phil & Pugski Team on getting a further endorsement from such a reputable company.
It shows that Pugski is a community with great traction and Eyes-On from the manufacturers. What goes on here matters.

I have been an Attack 13 Demo guy for the last many years on my many mid-fat skis.
They have quite low stand-height but not GW/WTR/MBS compatible ... not that it matters to me.
The new Attack2 demo does support the new boots, but higher stand-height

I have in transit from Scott/Dawgcatching some 2019 SR88 with the Warden 13 Demos, so I'll be curious if I can discern a "feel" of that binding once they arrive.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We had a couple skis with Look demo bindings on them. What a huge clunky POS. We've switched pretty much everything over to the Attacks. We only have a couple skis with fixed mount bindings, both are Renouns. The Citadels in 191 have the Atomic Shift binding and I will be putting Salomon STH2's on the Z-90's (new) when they arrive later this year. I've enjoyed having the Attack demos on our skis because it has allowed @ChunderBlunder and myself the ability to take turns riding everything we own and to play with fore/aft center and learn to get a feel for how the skis perform when center point is moved. It also allows me to set them up for friends and family.

Sponsor

Staff online