• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Salomon S\Lab kit preview & layerings

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
62439D4A-40E8-4173-AFB8-35634CDF763C.jpeg

This year the ExoticSkis test crew is again outfitted in Salomon & as they have been so accommodating (& my skiing needs are changing- more later), I settled on their Goretex Pro Kit.

@Eric Edelstein swears by Big S & this was likely my only ever opportunity to try out a $1300 outfit. The clothes definitely look better than the skier.

My only quandary has been my midlayers: everything has a hood on em today. These hooded layers seem to be more novelty than functionality- so I ordered up a good ole fashioned down sweater with a collar rather than a hood & when it arrives, I’ll take this Lamborghini of ski outfits for a spin.

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
My only quandary has been my midlayers: everything has a hood on em today. These hooded layers seem to be more novelty than functionality-

If there's any world with more squabbles and pet notions than ski world, it's mediaeval re-creation world. And yet, every so often, they come up with something that just teases, niggles and itches at the brain. Like this:

And, yes, I keep thinking there has to be some way to use that trick in snowsport.

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
Are you concerned about down getting sweaty & compressed?

I’m old & in recent years toss off far less heat than I used to. I intend to use this outfit for when I’m testing & ‘skiing for myself’. My largest concern is that I have a good closure to avoid heat loss in a non-insulated, alpine fast/lite kit.

I have plenty of Down & insulated jackets that I pair with 60g insulated Spyder Coach bibs for when I am skiing with clients or helping out with the kiddo’s racing programs.

Sponsor

Staff online