• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Safety Bar-The Video. Humor involved.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Probably not the one you were thinking of, but as Chelmsford is just down the road from me, I'm kind of partial to it.

I grew up in Chelmsford! Well, until age 12 and then moved to CA.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I wish our lifts had footrests because I am lazy that way. However, the instructors are told not to call it a safety bar as that implies a "safety issue." They call it a comfort bar - so how do you tall folks feel about said comfort bar?

ETA: YO!

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
When do we get recliner style lifts?

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Useless without wifi and a concierge oh and a full bar too.

Honestly, I'm surprised I haven't seen WiFi already. The gondola bar is probably a few years away though - I'm sure it has come up in a meeting at Vail or Deer Valley.

James

Out There
Instructor
I wish our lifts had footrests because I am lazy that way. However, the instructors are told not to call it a safety bar as that implies a "safety issue." They call it a comfort bar - so how do you tall folks feel about said comfort bar?

ETA: YO!
Comfort bar??
Safety issues? You mean like one is 40 ft in the air and could slip off? Yo!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Comfort bar??
Safety issues? You mean like one is 40 ft in the air and could slip off? Yo!

You could always tell people that you have epilepsy and don't want to risk having a seizure with the bar up. I know someone who says that. Well, she says it because it's true. It's weird how some people have ego invested in not putting the bar down, so that it's easier to give them an explanation than just ask to pull the bar down.

Michael R.

skiNEwhere
Skier
I think Silverton just might possibly have the highest lift off the ground without a safety bar in the US. This had to be about 50 feet

image.jpeg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Sponsor