• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Safety Bar-The Video. Humor involved.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Down. But only after requesting/announcing.

Cheap insurance against freak occurrences.

Plus, my aging knees kind of like it.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Down. But only after requesting/announcing.

+1. Mostly because it makes a lift PB & J or lift beer a bit easier to get out of my pack and consume.

BUT this is an absolute non-issue at Loveland (my home ski area) where no lift has safety bars. Lift 7 (the bunny hill lift) may...never ridden it.

James

Out There
Instructor
BUT this is an absolute non-issue at Loveland (my home ski area) where no lift has safety bars. Lift 7 (the bunny hill lift) may...never ridden it.
Yo Loveland's got to get with it. It's all about the footrest yo.

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Yes, weird — I was warned for not using the bar in Vt. (an implied pass-pulling offense, were I not compliant), whereas in the west the bar seems highly optional (or not an option).

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
<3 footrest. But don't generally bother to put the bar down unless someone requests, or if we're stopped for a long time (that lurch when it starts going again freaks me out). Or if my knees are feeling sore.

My husband much prefers the bar down. Some !@#!#@! at Crested Butte gave him shit about it. If I'd actually heard the comment correctly - I believe he called my husband a portion of female anatomy - that guy wouldn't have had to worry chair lift bars one way or the other for quite some time.

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
I do not like them. One lift at RLM used to have a footrest they took off the footrests so now it's just a safety bar. But I ride with a lot of people who like them, live with one too. When I ride a lift by myself I never use them. With other people I just go with the flow.

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
If I get put in time out I will put gum in your new liners, so there.:eek:

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
I am fine either way. No preference. I actually do not like the footrest ... My repaired ACL prefers the leg to hang and stretch it turns out. My wife likes the bar down.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Seriously, watch the link, people; it incites this >:roflmao: rather than this > :snowball:

I watched it. Months ago, not today, but still. Why can't I also answer the question?