• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

rustler 11 as a successor of soul 7 1st gen (which length?)

gfr75

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hello,
I had already a look to a bunch of skis to replace my soul 7 (180cm): new soul 7, k2 mindbender 116c, nordica enforcer 110, line sick day, super 7 HD, ..
The soul 7 is too short for me (almost 6′ 178 lbs) and lacks some float and stability. I want something a bit more stable that is still quite maneuverable and playful and ended up with the rustler 11. I hope this will be a good choice.
But which length should I choose? With the rustler 180, I will not gain a lot of float but with the 188 I am a bit afraid that the rustler will be too much ski compared with the pair a have. The edge contact of the rustler in the same length will be significant larger because of the lack of taper in tip and tail.
I like to chase powder in Europe where you can encounter all kinds of snow in one day, enjoy some tree skiing and will make use of the prepared slopes. The rustler is also not to heavy to mount my kingpins on it.
I am advanced and try to improve my skills (not the biggest charger).

All tips are welcome ..

Last edited:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Hello,
I had already a look to a bunch of skis to replace my soul 7 (180cm): new soul 7, k2 mindbender 11c, nordica enforcer 110, line sick day, super 7 HD, ..
The soul 7 is too short for me (almost 6′ 178 lbs) and lacks some float and stability. I want something a bit more stable that is still quite maneuverable and playful and ended up with the rustler 11. I hope this will be a good choice.
But which length should I choose? With the rustler 180, I will not gain a lot of float but with the 188 I am a bit afraid that the rustler will be too much ski compared with the pair a have. The edge contact of the rustler in the same length will be significant larger because of the lack of taper in tip and tail.
I like to chase powder in Europe where you can encounter all kinds of snow in one day and enjoy some tree skiing and will make use of the prepared slopes. The rustler is also not to heavy to mount my kingpins on it.
I am advanced which I am still improving my skills (not the biggest charger).

All tips are welcome ..

The Rustler 11 in 180cm will feel almost as turny as the Soul 7's but much more stable. The 188cm's will be MUCH more ski than the 180cm Souls but they will float better.

If you want a turny powder ski even in the longer lengths this is it: https://www.dpsskis.com/foundation-wailer-112rp

For touring consider the Rustler 10 even. Fun ski.

Sponsor

Staff online