• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

rossignol 9x

cloudymind

Booting up
Skier
hello
in the last years i was able to do a lot of exercising with GS skis and i was even quite happy using them for casual skiing with friends. but the new pairs i bought are designed for higher speeds. i now have nothing to use on sunny sundays beside a few vintage skis.
in recent times also price and availability hasn't been optimal so i decided to start looking during suummer weeks for 20-23 meters stuff as my gs were 25.
i picked up a pair of volkl p60 and these rossignols 9x pro.
i remember seeing years ago and were quite pricey, they are 184cm 21m radius. the ones i bought looks really great, not used much, 12din bindings have been hardly used. they feel quite stiff even compared to my modern elan.
i'm very curious to test them. anyone that have some experience with them?
set up.JPG
set up 2.JPG
s

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
I never tried a yellow 9X, but what I remember from the other 9Xs were they were an ok ski, kind of a generalist of GS skis, not excelling at any one thing (grip, stability, turn initiation, snappyness, rebound etc.), but not dismal at anything either, also easy to use.

I did not get to try the P60, but like my P50 F1s, although they ain't nothing like a SL ski when you want a ski for less than high speed turns. They (my P50s) really don't like going slow. However I've heard people say they found the P60s more accessible than the P50s, so maybe better than my Volkl's as regards slower speeds.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
12din bindings have been hardly used.
Personally that horseshoe heeled Rossignol Axial/Look Pivot2 is one binding I would not ski. It is no longer indemnified and had a heel that was inconsistent in release.

James

Out There
Instructor
Wasn’t that yellow 9x overly stiff?
I still have a 9x 9.9 from before that.

TS
C

cloudymind

Booting up
Skier
Wasn’t that yellow 9x overly stiff?
I still have a 9x 9.9 from before that.
it feels stiff by hand "measure", certainly more than the p60. will give a try. the head 27meters feels stiff too so could be an interesting comparison. will check the bindings, i used the old look pivot for many years.

i haven't been very happy with some mid-level skis i rented last year so i was looking for some more expensive models from a few years prior

James

Out There
Instructor
i haven't been very happy with some mid-level skis i rented last year so i was looking for some more expensive models from a few years prior
You’re going way too far back. Those skis are 20+ years old and worth next to nothing.

TS
C

cloudymind

Booting up
Skier
yes, infact i paid 30€ each and were like the more expensive among similar ads. back in the day i was still learning on old school straight skis so no experience with similar gears.
i really need something to complement my elan gsx and head, not brave enough to rely only on the p20!

of the skis i tested last year i think the rossignol lt could have done the trick but too expensive for the 2nd pair ski, also to be left in the car or the chairlift etc...

Sponsor

Staff online