• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
after last nights purge they have been nearly open all day. fingers crossed. Plus starting to feel pretty good. I think this thing is finally gone. (not jinxing here)

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
I'm breathing better but its still has a ways to go before its healed. at least now I get longer stretches of time before it closes up.

EDIT: auto correct changed Breathing to Bursting. LOLOLOL.

Last edited:

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I'm bursting better but its still has a ways to go before its healed. at least now I get longer stretches of time before it closes up.

I certainly hope you meant "breathing" better, because we really don't want to see you doing any "bursting". ;)

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And we are selfish and want you on the slopes so we can play. :P

Reactions: Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
WOW, one month already? Seems like 5 :).

Update, well, the nose is healed up, I would say its probably about 75% better and there's still some residual healing that will continue so overall, that was worth it but not fun. :).

I had a growth removed before Christmas in my Duodenum that was benign and not a big deal, I have to go back for a followup Endoscopy feb/march just to check up on it.

And, my ENT didnt like the way my throat has been so he ordered a CAT scan in mid-December, they discovered a couple of nodules. these are almost always benign. I had a biopsy just before Christmas and it turns out they didnt take enough sample s it has to be repeated. In the mean time, all of the blood tests are fine. the nodules are quite large and it impacts my neck so I may just have the one lobe removed which is not a big deal.

I still can't talk (I lost my voice in the beginning of November, many people are happy about this:) ). so I am going to start speech therapy soon.

SO..... let just hope all is done?? :). Thanks again for thinking of me.

James

Out There
Instructor
Sounds...good?

At this point you could easily open a medical services consulting co for people seeking treatment. You've covered most of the body!

Hope you're back soon.
I sort of joined you on the injured reserve by getting knocked out by a flying skier.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@James... happy it's limited to a concussion. Sister in law years back watched her instructor pegged by an airborne skier and outcome was fat worse. Lucky man you are from the glass half full perspective,.

@Ron. .. man, you sure work harden your body. I'll fault some stuff to residual New Jersey... good thing you moved out to the boat. ogsmile

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
So, it turns out according to my Speech therapist, the reason why I cant speak is because my Diaphragm is not functioning correctly and I'm chest breathing and using throat muscles to talk. On one of the tests, I had only 1/2 the capacity to exhale while vocalizing. I will be seeing Respiratory therapist....

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online