• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Inquiring minds want to know.

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
I think he was having surgery the 25th, staying in hospital overnight and then hanging around Vail for several days for followup care.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks all, I’m in vail. Surgery was Monday to repair my first hip surgery which did not hold up well. Fun fact, There was only 2 hip surgeries Monday and I went first. I ended up with the VIP recovery room so I got to sleep n the same bed as Julia Mancuso and many other vips. So im hoping I picked up some of that mojo. :thumb: This was lucky 13 so I really didn’t broadcast this.

Last edited:

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
This one was “interesting”. :roflmao:I have some cadaver parts in me now needed to rebuild part of the acetabulum and capsule so a few stiches and a few anchor bolts I had a great season, and was able to get through SIA. Ironically, we have to leave early to beat a big storm coming in Friday.

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
Best wishes for your recovery.
Did Doc Philippon (sp?) at Steadman do the surgery? He did both of my son's hips (injured during college soccer).
Pretty cool to see all the luminaries there, including several EPL soccer players.

Reactions: Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Best wishes for your recovery.
Did Doc Philippon (sp?) at Steadman do the surgery? He did both of my son's hips (injured during college soccer).
Pretty cool to see all the luminaries there, including several EPL soccer players.

Yep, Philippon did my left hip 2 years ago and now this revision. He’s pretty amazing guy for sure. Easily in the top 3 hip surgeons in the world. Hope your son is doing well.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Recovery time is uncertain. I was told the total recovery time would be close to 9-10 months. However, I should be fairly functional after 4-6 months. I really don’t know. There was a lot of repairs done so some of this is unknown.

Last edited:

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Ron, ,
Best of luck with everything ahead. I'm sure that you were, and are in very good hands. Whatever the recovery timeline turns out to be...it's a long life!

And adding your name to those who have recovered in the VIP room...priceless!

Be well!

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yep, Philippon did my left hip 2 years ago and now this revision. He’s pretty amazing guy for sure. Easily in the top 3 hip surgeons in the world. Hope your son is doing well.

He is and returned to playing; thanks. The PT's and aftercare at the clinic are top notch, so much so we decided to stay in Vail for the 6-week recovery period so he could be at the clinic everyday. Fortunately, we have generous neighbors with a nearby condo they lent to us for the duration of the recovery.

You should add one of your old ski jackets to the walls of fame where all the jerseys, uniforms and sweaters of the pro athletes have had surgeries there hang.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
"I slept in Julie Mancuso's bed" would be a great sig line (just sayin') :ogcool:

Heal fast, heal well, return to duty!

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
agreed! heal fast and sure ... and hoping it's the last repair you need on it.

pete

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Recovery time is uncertain. I was told the total recovery time would be close to 9-10 months. However, I should be fairly functional after 4-6 months. I regally don’t know. There was a lot of repairs done so some of this is unknown.

Get well soon Ron! Hopefully you will end up stronger than before!

24c11514892ce24aa64b27e046652b5c.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
ou should add one of your old ski jackets to the walls of fame where all the jerseys, uniforms and sweaters of the pro athletes have had surgeries there hang.
Right???
After all, his ski jackets are in high demand.

Sponsor