• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Wow, I'm really appreciative of all the kind words and thoughts. Surgery is tomorrow. I'll report Saturday. Again, thanks so much.

It it amazing the lengths some guys will go to for attention ;)

But seriously, good luck with your procedure tomorrow. Will be sending good vibes.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Will also be thinking of you while putting down some turns tomorrow. I know you're only using the best doctors available, so you're in good hands. :)

Reactions: Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
the surgery went well. Due to the nature of the surgery (working on your nose) they use a general anesthesia so its not like my favorite cocktail version of sedation but you;re not out that long. There is no packing or bandages so its really nothing. very minor pain, by yesterday evening, I had like a 1-2 pain level so I didnt even take a Tylenol. the great thing is that you wake up breathing better than when you went under :) This Am, there's a bunch of dried blood inside my nose but I can still breath well despite that and some residual swelling. It will take a few weeks to fully heal but for anyone who has chronic turnbinate swelling, this may be a viable option for you. recovery is minimal. no heavy exertion (skiing working out, biking) for 3-4 days) and then its just the recovery phase.

when you have this, you never will have an open nose, you are lucky if you have half of your nose open but more typical is to have only about 1/2 to 1/3 of one side open at a time. In my case, this worsened with whatever viral thing I caught and it can was causing me to breath so hard it was affecting my Heart rate and blood pressure not to mention sleep and feeling tired. it will be interesting to see how this impacts (for the better) my over health and well-being

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Terrific news!!!! Hope this is the turning point in your year of medical mishegoss

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Quick update. Nose was pretty congested and swollen internally. Overall not bad. Nasal rinsing helps as does the MethylPRednisone. I was able to sleep two nights now for 6-7 hours which I haven’t done in ages. No apnea either. This afternoon a ginormous chunk of dried blood and funk came out. It felt awesome. :thumb::thumb::thumb: Both sides are starting to calm down. Breathing better now. It’s an odd feeling. I find myself breathing harder than is needed now. I will have to do some adjusting.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
well, it was inevitable, the nose is pretty swollen inside and is about 70-80% plugged again. the good news is it will just get better.

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
another big chunk of crud came out of the other side last night; I have twins. :).

Ron this is way way TMI but (this your chance to look away now) . . . your description reminded me of some post Csection, erm, "events" in our master bathroom after the kids were born. Ewwwwww.

Nose clot twins. Feels meme worthy :D

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
No Skiing yet. Recovery is coming along but breathing has been really challenging. Its been really hard to get any meaningful sleep. After several nights of only 3-5 hours with a lot of apnea , I did sleep last night from 8:30 to 5AM waking up only a couple times. I was able to get my nose open enough to breath. (I can't mouth breath) If I can just get to a regular cycle, I know I can rally! In the meantime, I started back to some easy weights and non-weighted squats. I am getting there!

@Jwrags I was really tempted to take a pic. :).