• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sponsored Rollerblade Skate To Ski Program with SkiEssentials.com

https://www.skiessentials.com/

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor

This summer, we'll be releasing a series of videos walking you through the Rollerblade Skate to Ski Program! We're starting with "Getting Started" and "Phase 1." We'll update this thread whenever we release a new video. Happy skating!

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I picked up a new pair of K2 skates about a year ago. Time to strap them on!

Reactions: BMC

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I picked up a new pair of K2 skates about a year ago. Time to strap them on!

Just make sure you wear full pads the first 20x or so.

Good skiers with more than a month off skates -> road rash just waiting to happen.

Guess I should replace my Salomon's.....

No kidding. Did Salomon even sell skates in Canada past ~2003? The US got nothing past '98.

Last edited:

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Good skiers with more than a month off skates -> road rash just waiting to happen.

You got that right. No need to break myself while skating.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier

No kidding. Did Salomon even sell skates in Canada past ~2003? The US got nothing past '98.
Last week I got antsy having not skated since the weekend prior to lockdown and decided to skate the mile-long lower street of the valley where I live.
No road rash, only a blister by the top of the lateral malleolus and another blister just above the articulation point a hair out of the way of the tongue of my running shoes, in stereo (same set of blisters on each foot)!

Btw, K2 sued Salomon over the soft boot concept, however, Salomon was allowed to continue skate sales in Canada and at the time a few gray market skates made it to our skate shop in Philly. Two years later, IIRC around 2002, Salomon skates returned to the US only now as a soft boot with a removable liner boot.

James

Out There
Instructor
I’ve got Rollerblade Lightning from the early 90’s with different wheels.

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
Do you guys sell rollerblades?

Sure do! It's actually been hard to maintain good inventory. There has been a 300% increase in demand for inline skates since mid-March. If anyone is looking for a particular model, let me know, I'd be happy to try to track down a pair.

Sponsor

Staff online