• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Road Cycling Shorts

newfydog

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sorry, can't not post these: I'll leave them thumbnail

cycle photobomb.jpg cyclewang.JPG

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Ordered Pear Izumi Elite Bibs from Competitive Cyclist at a very attractive discount and free shipping.

I picked up several (read: all the shop had, at least 8) PI Elite singlets with the fleece triathlon pad.

The three that I sent to Kucharik for leather chamois pads
https://www.kucharikclothing.com/we-replace-pad-leather-chamois-p-343.html
are now my favourite bikewear.

Don't forget thick pads change the effective length of the seatpost. We had to replace the brand new pad on herself's Sugoi RS Pros because it was simply too thick and made her hips rock.

Last edited:
TS
Living Proof

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
I picked up several (read: all the shop had, at least 8) PI Elite singlets with the fleece triathlon pad.

The three that I sent to Kucharik for leather chamois pads.

By definition, a chamois is made of leather, well, except, in the terminology of bike shorts where butt padding is ubiquitously referred to as "chamois". Or at least this is the term used by PI to describe the non-leather butt material in my new bibs.

Did my first 20 mile ride today on the new bibs, and, very pleased with the overall comfort lever and fit.. It has been a while since I wore bibs, and, forgot how awkward having to pee is when wearing them. ;)

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
Assoss bibs with Elastic Interface chamois: super comfortable and last much longer than any other brand’s shorts, incl Castelli. You pay for that Assoss quality and fit though. Buying from UK is significantly cheaper, but still $$$. Not Italian but Swiss (now made in Bulgaria but prices are still Swiss).

Last edited:

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
I started wearing Castelli bibs this spring and they are my first pair of bibs and so much more comfortable than regular shorts. I just ordered a pair of Rapha, which my friend swears are the best out there and he is a gear guy. They were 25% off up until yesterday. After I have a chance to ride them I will report in on how they feel.

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
If you have a pair that you like purchase several, same brand, same model. Your butt will definitely deform / adjust to one human flesh / padding structure interface. Switch brands / models and you screw with that interface, which leads to a degree of discomfort.

I also rock all the same saddles on all of my bikes for that same reason. My go-to brand switched up molds after several years, so now I am watching E-Bay for pristine saddles of the last generation.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Did my first 20 mile ride today on the new bibs, and, very pleased with the overall comfort lever and fit.. It has been a while since I wore bibs, and, forgot how awkward having to pee is when wearing them. ;)

thats a really nice feature of Castelli's (if they fit you of course). the front is designed for easier access to your junk. I've tried a couple different brands but I love Castelli bibs and jerseys. Of course the shammy matters butt (see what I did there?) comfort starts with a seat that fits you properly.

Sponsor

Staff online