• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

RIP

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
There was a bad collision at Nubs Nob about two weeks ago.
P.C. (Clem) Ranney fought a hard fight but couldn't make it out of the ICU.
The other involved party was transported but released.
Details are sketchy and I won't speculate.
Clem has skied since childhood and went to school in Gunnison.
He and his brother Dave once had a lot of friends at Crested Butte.
He was a strong and careful skier except when running Nastar or with his beer league team the Sport Horses.
Then he would lay it down and his team won this year.
I will miss his quick smile and goofy sense of humor.
Peace.....

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hate to hear things like this. Haven’t been to Nubs this year and hadn’t heard about it. Condolences to you, his other friends, and family.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
This is awfully sad news. Terrible.

I'm seeing more terrifying skiing this season by what appears to me to be over-equipped, under-skilled skiers than ever before. A different topic. I hate to read about people losing friends this way. Condolences to all.

HardDaysNight

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This is awfully sad news. Terrible.

I'm seeing more terrifying skiing this season by what appears to me to be over-equipped, under-skilled skiers than ever before. A different topic. I hate to read about people losing friends this way. Condolences to all.

The level of craziness has indeed reached terrifying levels. Skiing down to the bottom of Payday at PCMR a few days ago I saw a youngster coming down Kings Crown at a immense speed, completely out of control. He went through a slow sign and the ropes separating the runs as if they didn’t exist, pulling the stakes out of the snow, and barreled into the crowds on Homerun smashing a woman to the snow and rendering her unconscious. Thirty yards from the base of the lift. It certainly wasn’t for lack of trying that he didn’t kill her!

https://www.parkrecord.com/news/par...er-suffers-concussion-in-collision-on-slopes/

TS
D

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
I'll post again on this after whatever investigations are done and conclusions are formed.
From the damage it looks like PC took a ski to the sternum much like a car wreck without a seatbelt or airbag.
That's just my speculation.
There is going to be a wake at Nubs with his team, the Sport Horses, this weekend at Nubs.
Not exactly sure when but it is either Saturday or Sunday at noon this upcoming weekend.
I have heard that Nubs is doing a sort of memorial party next week.
PC would want skiers to know just how goddamn happy skiing made him.
Died with his boots on........

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'll post again on this after whatever investigations are done and conclusions are formed.
From the damage it looks like PC took a ski to the sternum much like a car wreck without a seatbelt or airbag.
That's just my speculation.
There is going to be a wake at Nubs with his team, the Sport Horses, this weekend at Nubs.
Not exactly sure when but it is either Saturday or Sunday at noon this upcoming weekend.
I have heard that Nubs is doing a sort of memorial party next week.
PC would want skiers to know just how goddamn happy skiing made him.
Died with his boots on........
We're planning to be up there next weekend. Maybe both Friday and Saturday, depending on work, forecast, etc.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid