• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

RIP Eddie Shack , Maple Leaf All-Star

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For all you Leaf fans, the great Eddie Shack just passed at the age of 83. I remember watching him on the B&W TV on Saturday Night when I was a kid. I guess were all getting old!!

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Pop Shoppe man.. I had friends that worked there... I actually played at his golf course once.. Quite a character..

Great story..he knocked out Gordie Howe a couple of times..they played in a golf tournament together and apparently shook hands to not beat the crap out of each other anymore.. RIP..

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Maybe I heard this on Hockey Night in Canada: In a game where Eddie was being targeted by the opposing bench for his inability to read or write, and they were really laying it on him far into the game. There may have been a tie near the end of regulation when Eddie scored a goal. He then skated slowly past the opponents bench and said: "You spell that g-o-a -l." Did I see him play watching B&W TV? Probably.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
As soon as I saw the thread title I instantly recalled "Clear the track here comes Shack, He knocks 'em down and he gives 'em a wack. Eddie, Eddie Shack.

He used to tell a story about in his junior hockey days, when money was in short supply, he would go to a car lot and buy a car. And then he would drive the car down the street to a different car lot and sell the car to the car lot for a profit. The guy was a natural born salesman and full blown character

Sponsor