• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Riding to Raise Money for Protect Our Winters

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This is a pretty cool story about a Durango local who rode his bike to and from the Pikes Peak Marathon to raise money for POW. And he won the marathon! For those that don't know this is a marathon where they run up Pikes Peak and back down it. I have a few friends who have done either it or the half marathon which is just the run up it. One of those friends did it to celebrate her 40th and I drove to the top to see her at the halfway point. Anyone who does it is quite simply a badass. Someone who rides 250 miles to get to it is beyond words.

https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a22773664/dakota-jones-wins-pikes-peak-marathon/

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I think she might have been wondering if that was possibly the buzzy hum of someone's temptation to undertake a challenge - and the buzzy hum of calendar pages getting flipped to possible training goal dates :D

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I think she might have been wondering if that was possibly the buzzy hum of someone's temptation to undertake a challenge - and the buzzy hum of calendar pages getting flipped to possible training goal dates :D
Heh..maybe THIS challenge.. AR-eee...VATTTTTT-anen..

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Celebrate the warrior, condemn the war.

It's only human NATURE.

TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So I didn't intend for this post to be political and frankly didn't even think of it. I would have thought the action was incredible even if it wasn't to raise money for anything. That being said, I've reported it to moderators and will let them decide how to handle it.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Politics is forbidden here.. I wish all the best to POW peeps and especially your friend! :)
Keep it respectful and healthy. :D

Politics, Religion, and Hot Topics
This is a community for talking about skis, skiing, and everything related to skis and skiing. Discussion about subjects such as global warming as it relates to skiing will be allowed so long as it remains respectful and healthy; however, general discussion about politics, religion, and hot topics will not be allowed. We reserve the right to define these categories.

Sponsor

Staff online