• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ridiculous Excuses for Gear Purchases..

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'm looking at skis right now because I don't have anything that matches a new blue and white jacket I just spent $35.00 on. I've also considered sanding and painting an existing pair, but the pair I'm looking to re paint are rock ski GSRs with well over 100 days and is 10 years old.

What's your weakest excuse to buy new skis? Just because you like them doesn't count. You have to justify it somehow hahaha!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Because I wanted the bindings off of them?

I didn't have that size?

and the best...

The internet said these were the best.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
... Excuse?

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
"Sorry Charlie" never to match a jacket, most likely the other way, buy a jacket to match a ski. Of course that was when I was young but not now, WOGAS = Who gives a Sh#@t.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Zai Odagon's....$199 marked down from $3,999..we gotta get em!

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Herself needed a Zombie Apocalypse Bowl Ski - and so we got her some Rossi B-Squads.

Oddly enough they came in extraordinarily useful - for benefit endurance racing in slush. She put 90K verts on them in less than 8 hours.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Well, I talked myself out if it for now. I decided to look through my stickers and just put a bunch of blue stickers on the daily drivers that didn't have any blue on them. My quiver was mostly red and grey with some green and bronze. Add some splashes of blue here and there will keep me happily coordinated until I do find some mostly blue skis that look right. I was eying a pair of Amp Aftershocks but noticed a big base problem on the 181 cm in my price range. Rather than pulling the trigger in the 174 that looks to be in better condition I decided that a 174 with s front rocker is too short. Will wait something in my super low price range that is longer or full cambered in the low 80s and HAS to have blue LOL!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Well, I talked myself out if it for now. I decided to look through my stickers and just put a bunch of blue stickers on the daily drivers that didn't have any blue on them. My quiver was mostly red and grey with some green and bronze. Add some splashes of blue here and there will keep me happily coordinated until I do find some mostly blue skis that look right. I was eying a pair of Amp Aftershocks but noticed a big base problem on the 181 cm in my price range. Rather than pulling the trigger in the 174 that looks to be in better condition I decided that a 174 with s front rocker is too short. Will wait something in my super low price range that is longer or full cambered in the low 80s and HAS to have blue LOL!

If you have to have BLUE just buy a Head Titan. It does not get much bluer than the Titan.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I have a pair of hart spoilers that are very blue. They are yours if you wan them. ;-)

20160521_150528.jpg

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Looks are important. Topsheet is the most important aspect when you're already good enough to ski well on most things in most places.. Once you've got that then this becomes the finishing touch to the total package!
Pops-you-got-to-coordinate.jpg

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I picked out my car based on the requirements for the $50 Thule 21 ski box I snagged from Craigslist. I knew what make I wanted, down to two models, walked around the dealership and when I saw only one with the right kind of factory crossbars I drove it and signed the papers, didn't look at anything else. Maybe I need a new car that goes with the blue jacket as well?? Although the current one goes quite well with the other new jacket :) Actually, wife's car works with the blue and white jacket. She's a tarheel.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I just spent $25.00 on blue stickers to slather on all my skis to they better match the jacket I didn't actually need.:rolleyes:

My TNF Extreme Suit's red with black. But that already matched most of my skis.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
How bad can the skis be for $99, brand new delivered from Canada? :crossfingers:

2012 Coreupt Lunatic

s-l1600.jpg

• Size: 185cm
  • Dimensions Tip Width/Waist/Tail: 116-83-116
  • Radius: 18
  • Rocker/Camber: Camber
  • Symmetrical sandwich construction: The combination of a wood core and ABS bi-density sidewalls, brings you lively and powerful skis.
Crazy fugly topsheet design but colors to match AND clash with all my outerwear hahahaha
Fills a huge gap in the quiver.. Retiring a pair of 181 cm GSRs that are way past skied out.

Definitely room between 80mm and 87mm. Definitely room between 179 cms and 192 cms. Got something fast in 185, hoping the 185 twin skis a little shorter but who cares fir $99 bucks hahaha!

New quiver stats:

Skis 2016-2017b.jpg

Still in the market for something else shorter than 179 cm but 70mm-78mm underfoot. The CaBrawlers ski around 175 though but would like something a little wider in that length.

Gonna have to bend some brakes and make a decision to mount true center or a tad back from true center on these. I'll probably ski them 90% out of the park and forward instead of switch so doubt I'll go true center.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
How bad can the skis be for $99, brand new delivered from Canada? :crossfingers:

2012 Coreupt Lunatic

s-l1600.jpg

• Size: 185cm
  • Dimensions Tip Width/Waist/Tail: 116-83-116
  • Radius: 18
  • Rocker/Camber: Camber
  • Symmetrical sandwich construction: The combination of a wood core and ABS bi-density sidewalls, brings you lively and powerful skis.
Crazy fugly topsheet design but colors to match AND clash with all my outerwear hahahaha
Fills a huge gap in the quiver.. Retiring a pair of 181 cm GSRs that are way past skied out.

Definitely room between 80mm and 87mm. Definitely room between 179 cms and 192 cms. Got something fast in 185, hoping the 185 twin skis a little shorter but who cares fir $99 bucks hahaha!

New quiver stats:

View attachment 9412

Still in the market for something else shorter than 179 cm but 70mm-78mm underfoot. The CaBrawlers ski around 175 though but would like something a little wider in that length.

Gonna have to bend some brakes and make a decision to mount true center or a tad back from true center on these. I'll probably ski them 90% out of the park and forward instead of switch so doubt I'll go true center.
The pair I had was bad Bad Bad, the factory tune was horrible in a where's the edge way; the longitudinal flex was too stiff at the ends and too soft in the middle. Slow bases that barely take wax. Be prepared to spend some quality tuning time on those, and it won't surprise me if you wind up remounting as far back as 3cm from the line.

Sponsor