• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Sopris Sun featured Richard Allen and his business in an article expanding on how he developed his passion for vintage ski gear, both soft goods and hard goods, and later turned it into a business.

We've had the good fortune to visit with Richard on a few occasions during Ski History Week. He is the real deal when it comes to ski history.

If you're in the Carbondale area, check out his shop.
Please check out this article, if you're on facebook friend him, like his posts and show him some of our Pugski Heritage love.

New Carbondale retail space, museum offers "national treasure" of ski collectibles
Snip from the article

For valley skiing and snowboarding enthusiasts, a visit to Vintage Ski World is a must. The warehouse represents 35 years of enthusiastic, judicious collecting by Carbondale resident Richard Allen. Among other claims to fame, he provided costumes and props for the curiously delightful 2010 flick Hot Tub Time Machine, as well as two episodes of Mad Men. The collection started when he caught wind of a basement in Portland, OR that turned out to be stashed with brand new White Stag clothing, unused skis, “complete outfits from head to toe” from an era long past. Things began to snowball from there.

Vintage Ski World is open every weekday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 1676 County Road 100, Unit N-2 in Carbondale. Allen said he is always happy to schedule an appointment, as well. “If you’re coming to Aspen or Carbondale, and you’re into skiing, come view this awesome collection. We can dress you up in ski clothes and take your picture,” he said. Vintage Ski World also plans to offer some public events this fall.

SecretAgentMan

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled
Benson & Hedges
The Sopris Sun featured Richard Allen and his business in an article expanding on how he developed his passion for vintage ski gear, both soft goods and hard goods, and later turned it into a business.

We've had the good fortune to visit with Richard on a few occasions during Ski History Week. He is the real deal when it comes to ski history.

If you're in the Carbondale area, check out his shop.
Please check out this article, if you're on facebook friend him, like his posts and show him some of our Pugski Heritage love.

New Carbondale retail space, museum offers "national treasure" of ski collectibles
Snip from the article

For valley skiing and snowboarding enthusiasts, a visit to Vintage Ski World is a must. The warehouse represents 35 years of enthusiastic, judicious collecting by Carbondale resident Richard Allen. Among other claims to fame, he provided costumes and props for the curiously delightful 2010 flick Hot Tub Time Machine, as well as two episodes of Mad Men. The collection started when he caught wind of a basement in Portland, OR that turned out to be stashed with brand new White Stag clothing, unused skis, “complete outfits from head to toe” from an era long past. Things began to snowball from there.

Vintage Ski World is open every weekday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 1676 County Road 100, Unit N-2 in Carbondale. Allen said he is always happy to schedule an appointment, as well. “If you’re coming to Aspen or Carbondale, and you’re into skiing, come view this awesome collection. We can dress you up in ski clothes and take your picture,” he said. Vintage Ski World also plans to offer some public events this fall.

Sweet Benson & Hedges patch.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That is cool.
patch-bh-grand-prix-2T.jpg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I know Richard. We met when he had his shop in downtown Aspen years ago. So much new and like new stuff. He gave me the chef's tour. He was an 'outfitter' at the inaugural Jimmie Heuga Vintage Ski Race at Beaver Creek in April 2010. He loaned outfits and gear.

DSCN4821.JPG
The group shot. Me with STs, Richard #12 and Billy Kidd in his iconic hat.

DSCN4804.JPG
Me and Billy Kidd

DSCN4823.JPG

Billy Kidd and Richard Allen

DSCN4818.JPG

Everyone was there!

racing.jpg

Yours truly getting it done old school

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I met Richard when he had a shop in the heart of Aspen.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Old school? Perfect form never goes out of date. The knees, the knees. You look like Steve Mahre.

racing-jpg.52165
Why thank you, @SecretAgentMan . The Mahres were teammates so it is only proper that I should emulate them. I have a lot of images that I won't bore you with here of me skiing old school.

As fate would have it that day, I was honored to race Billy Kidd, one of my heroes...

...and won. :D

In the pictures of me and him, we were talking about my having possibly met him in Portillo in the summer of '77. Back when I earned some of the gear I'm wearing in this picture.

Sponsor