• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Returning to skiing....

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
When I said "wide" I meant wide to me.... Old Rossi CUT 10.4 skis were 176cm 104 62 94 I think. One of the early moves by Rossignol to follow the Elans that were hugely popular back then. I also had a pair of the K2 red, white, and blue skis. Mine were 177cm TWO model. Rossignol skis I will be on are Pursuit 200 skis. New length will be 163cm with specs of 126 74 111. From thread discussions I see 74 waist is pretty narrow to actually be called wide skis.... just 'wide' to me. Pursuits also have LOOK Xpress 10 bindings. Pursuit setup is quite a bit lighter than my old skis and bindings. On the K2's I had a Marker binding that was like having a brick in your boot.... heavy.

60 something groomers skis are the best groomers skis. The fatter you go from there the worse it gets. For your needs and purposes 74 mm ski are absolutely perfect.

Well fitted boots and a couple of live lessons and you will be back and kickin ass in no time, the new shaped ski are super easy, nothing to be afraid of.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Yeah I suspect the take a lesson mantra has fallen slightly unreceptively on the OP.

That's OK his concerns about the equipment being vastly different are probably overblown. The bigger issue is the 20 year aging and loss of muscle memory. See how it feels then see about signing up to a seniors regular programme would be my tip.

Sponsor

Staff online