• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Return of the Turn with Marcus Caston, Episode 3, "Corn"

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Lots of fun and great turns.

Thanks for posting the video.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Spence and @Stev are the Kings of Korn here.

TS
Muleski

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Have to admit, I was watching the skiing versus the butterflies. Have never been out there during their migration. Pretty sure I'd think it was interesting....for a very short while.

BTW, I thought "Corn" was going to be filmed someplace other than Hood. But Marcus loves his time in the summer at Hood, and I think Blizz/Tecnica loves it as much as any ski company.

Fun skiing to watch. No surprise.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Fun skiing.

But not gonna lie -- think the mogul one was by far the best. I was honestly hoping to see Carlson shredding some massive corn face in this one.

A crud episode would be rad.

TS
Muleski

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Fun skiing.

But not gonna lie -- think the mogul one was by far the best. I was honestly hoping to see Carlson shredding some massive corn face in this one.

A crud episode would be rad.

You can see a LOT of video of Marcus skiing corn in Norway and Iceland in particular. Right down steep faces to the ocean. Beautiful.

This is his project, funded by Blizz/Tecnica. Hood is very special to him. He now runs his camp there, having spend at least part of the summer there training, then coaching for years. Hood is also big for Blizz. For example they are the sponsor of Kelly Kelleher's camp.

So ideal footage? Nope. Some backstory? Maybe. Fun? I think so.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Marcus had a nice piece in the January SKI Magazine instructional section.