• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Fun stuff. Always is.
"Return of the Turn: Firebird", the next episode, dropped today.
I have seen in on Facebook, on the Blizzard Skis page. Have not clue how to post it here.
The skiing footage is not all that extensive on "Firebird".....free skiing on race skis at Snowbird.
Still fun!

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Tricia, he's your local Tenica/Blizz rep, correct? Had no idea that it was his car/idea.
Have a friend who was driving it in SLC in May.

I like the start of the Firebird video, as it gets at the basic reason why Marcus is the skier that the is, and has followed this path. He was an exceptional ski racer, but it just was no longer fun. I think he was about 20 at the time. He had always loved to "ski", and that I believe, was always fun.

Love these videos.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia, he's your local Tenica/Blizz rep, correct? Had no idea that it was his car/idea.
Have a friend who was driving it in SLC in May.

I like the start of the Firebird video, as it gets at the basic reason why Marcus is the skier that the is, and has followed this path. He was an exceptional ski racer, but it just was no longer fun. I think he was about 20 at the time. He had always loved to "ski", and that I believe, was always fun.

Love these videos.
Here is the car up close and the "talent"
BIgwwVWDSUSk7wdREbbNxw.jpg
gwCN263uRuWGUQ5AwzEJ5g.jpg
PY8PeMfiQNixBHHQ+P5bHQ.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I think he was about 20 at the time. He had always loved to "ski", and that I believe, was always fun.

Love these videos.
Just look at the smiles in Phil's photo. :D

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Got another poster autographed my Marcus for my daughter last night while at Warren Miller.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I love bumps like this.
:popcorn::yeah:
Here is the Youtube link to it, just in case someone can't view the FB version.

Last edited:

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
I bought a pair of Firebirds last year and skied them in the 2018-19 season. After watching this video I suspect mine are flawed somehow, as they didn't work nearly as well for me as they did for Marcus and Claire. Then again maybe it's just the tune. Any advice?

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
No offence, but... maybe it's you? Not everyone can ski like Marcus and Claire... I can't.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Watching it, I thought this is for male skiers who are obsessed with blonde young women and cars. That's so not me. I like the skiing, but the framing of the skiing tells me this video was made for a different audience than me.

That's OK. It is what it is. I still like the business of promoting fantastic turns on groomers.

Last edited:

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Well LF, I thought that too at first....Fire and Ice like, boy-girl, the hair tosses, chase down the mountain.. But then I watched the skiing....watching the skis, watching the body over the skis, the rhythm .....love it. And no Bogner tight one pieces....

Sponsor

Staff online