• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Retro day at Wachusett Mountain, MA

Lowell Watson

Making skis sharp and slippery
Skier
Hi all southern New England retro skiers. There is a vintage day coming up on February 29 at Wachusett mountain in Westminster MA. I will be parked in the front row with a pile of skis including those below. Some are adjusted to the 332 BSL Pink Panther, the others for a 314 BSL Recon. All can get to the 323-328 BSL for a 28.5. Requests taken. Hope to see you there.
Lowell
A6BDE708-6D0B-46CE-A31C-2833D25EBDEB.jpeg

E2E7E645-352C-4A24-999C-5B2E98705E4C.jpeg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I wish I could be there to join you and bring a few pairs of my retro skis. Have a great time, I will be thinking of retro equipment on the 29th for sure.

604Sean

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi all southern New England retro skiers. There is a vintage day coming up on February 29 at Wachusett mountain in Westminster MA. I will be parked in the front row with a pile of skis including those below. Some are adjusted to the 332 BSL Pink Panther, the others for a 314 BSL Recon. All can get to the 323-328 BSL for a 28.5. Requests taken. Hope to see you there.
Lowell
View attachment 94179
View attachment 94178

How much for those Atomic's??:)

TS
Lowell Watson

Lowell Watson

Skier
The red sled is is kind of the wreck of the bunch condition wise. The top is starting to bubble and the tails are a little rough. However, the stone grind didn’t rattle them apart and they have a fresh tune. Honestly, I would wait around for a better pair but I can send some pics of the bad spots if you are still interested.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
@Lowell Watson did you get to the Retro day on the 29th? If so what did you ski that day?

TS
Lowell Watson

Lowell Watson

Skier
I started on a Fischer RC4 SL 205, not bad, easy initiator with a little lean on the tips. I also found a pair of RC4 130 for the kid and he had a lot of fun on them.
Next we hit the Dynastar Course SL 203, not super stable at speed, but made short turns well.
Then the Rossi 4G 207, ski was nearly new, but still felt a little dead at slow speed but livened up at faster speeds. My 9 year old also was on a 150cm 4G, (20cm longer than his daily drivers) and ripped the nastar course, but popped off a VAS in the park. (So did I!!)
I finished the day in the VR17 205 because I love them. Good ski to end the day on when the granular and coverage is sloppy and hard.

Chojinchef

Booting up
Skier
Missed the 29th, my kid broke his arm the night before. I have seen a few of them Rossi 4G skis at Wachusett. Old timer on a pair called me out one day on account of my Salomon F92S and my circa 1989 Degre 7 anorak.

Wait till I break out my yellow Steep Tech North Face from mid 80’s (a la Scot Schmidt) and get new bindings put on the old Olin Extremes.

Season seems to be done for Wachusett. They were on a fast track to end before the Covid19 thing.

Sponsor

Staff online