• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Gatopescado

I never go to the base lodge
Skier
Anybody got some old K2 KVC in 204 or 207 on the west coast?
kvc.jpg

OldJeep

Getting off the lift
Skier
How about some new in the box ESS Var 512 bindings. All the hardware is there, never mounted. Cleaning out some of the stuff that is laying around my office.

$50 plus shipping or pick them up in MN
IMAG0730[1].jpg
IMAG0731[1].jpg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
^^^ nice. Brakes are 'narrow' and symetric? I ask because someone has to. ogsmile

I have a few pair of those on skis. They made a version of the brake that was asymetric and wide for use on the (then new) Atomic Powder Plus of which I have a pair.

OldJeep

Getting off the lift
Skier
^^^ nice. Brakes are 'narrow' and symetric? I ask because someone has to. ogsmile

I have a few pair of those on skis. They made a version of the brake that was asymetric and wide for use on the (then new) Atomic Powder Plus of which I have a pair.

Yes, narrow and symmetric. I've still got a pair of the 614's on a set of newer rock skis but otherwise have used up all the NOS ESS bindings that I accumulated since monoskis seem to need specific plate systems now. As I recall I had to bend the brakes to get them to clear on the K2's
IMAG0044.jpg

Last edited:

Lowell Watson

Making skis sharp and slippery
Skier
It was only a matter of time... the kid found a pair of 145cm Rossi 4G at the thrift shop and wants to ski them. Of course I was overjoyed to hear this and have already stone ground and cleaned them up, but now need a pair of age appropriate bindings for him. While there are many options out there, I see the Marker MJR as the only good option that will accommodate a 2 DIN. (Also, he wants the cool bindings like dad)

Anyone out there have a pair in any condition?

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
I'm digging a bunch of stuff out of various storage bins. We're doing some moving, downsizing and in general cleaning out. LOTS o ski stuff. Here are a few things that might be of interest. I'm giving the proceeds to a kids ski organization when all done.

1. A Rossignol branded zip on protective binding sleeve. Remember these? Keep the road crud off your bindings while on a roof rack. This has to be one of the last ones made, based on the logo.

How about $15, shipped. PM me for details on all of these, thanks. PayPal always works.

IMG_E6970.JPG

2. This is a set of 5 foot long, unused powder straps. Made by Voile in SLC. The ring ties to your binding and the power cords clip to it. These are about 30 years old.

THESE HAVE BEEN SOLD!! THANKS!

IMG_6975.JPG

3. I've been tuning skis for a LONG time. And was racing back in the 60's. These are two bags of Holmenkol ski wax.They came originally with 8 bars of wax. The yellow has seven, the blue has six. These date back to about 1968-1970. Original price tags from the Waterville {Valley, NH} ski shop: $6.95 and $7.00. Original packaging including temp charts. I guess that I used all of the red and white. This was before flouro was even a thought. HaHa!

I think these were a Christmas present one year.....Fun to have in a ski room, or with any vintage race "stuff", I think. I just have TOO much of that kind of stuff. This weigh a bit more, re: mailing cost.

How about $15, shipped?

IMG_6968.jpg
IMG_6969.jpg

Last edited:

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
For Sale: Two vintage Maser all cotton zip turtlenecks in excellent condition.

The red one is a size 44, which I think is more like a 42-44. Has the classic ribbed stand up collar, lined in navy. It's incredible given its age. It's about 30-35 years old.

The navy one is an XL, and has the longer neck which can be left open, or zipped up and rolled over. Very versatile. It's a bit newer. more like 20-25 years old. Looks brand new!

We are cleaning out a lot of old ski stuff that we are not using or wearing. This would be great retro wear! We are going to donate all of the proceeds to a couple of our favorite youth ski racing scholarship funds.

I'd like $20, shipped for each of them. PM me to discuss details, or with questions. Thanks!

Check the pictures below!

IMG_8227.jpg
IMG_E8229.JPG

Lowell Watson

Making skis sharp and slippery
Skier
86F05857-F359-466F-876A-30937B44668A.jpeg
731B600D-3864-4C41-82FA-DFF6AF4E5126.jpeg
F6C7130C-5241-4EE0-8DA1-7A4FFA261504.jpeg
306A1647-12D1-4216-8C4D-D8DB46801AED.jpeg
3B32DD0E-DFDB-41FA-B756-41A6F9AB5DBA.jpeg
8AC0D0E5-9160-4BAF-BEA6-E4AC1675A431.jpeg
Well... you can’t ski them all...and these need to be in use and enjoyed.

19?? THE SKI TSR 200cm white with Marker MR bindings (adjusted to 315bsl) AND matching Scott THE SKI POLE 50 inch poles
$200 + shipping.

Here’s what you get besides 35 year old equipment: the bases of the skis are flawless. No gouges, no p-Tex fills ever! I have stone ground these flat with a nice tight Winterstieger structure. Then I put a razor sharp but comfortable skiing 0* side edge and 1* base bevel. Topped them off with a fresh coat of Purl purple universal wax and they are out of the box ready. The top sheets are not perfect, besides GREGORY CRINKLAW engraved in tip end ( I used white paint pen to fill in) there are some scratches in the blocks on one ski. There are no chips, stress cracks or dings. There is no yellowing of the white or fading of the colors. More pictures can be supplied. The non-indemnified MR 4-10 din rotamat heel bindings have been serviced with grease and good Teflon in heels. I will remount for your BSL if they won’t adjust big or small enough. They are in clean operating condition.

The poles I got came at 48 inches with rotten thumb breakers and white baskets. I have put 1.5” aluminum plugs in them to lengthen, put same era red Scott Race grips (leather straps broke so replaced with nylon) and red Scott Race baskets on them. I will include white baskets that came with them.

More pictures can be supplied and any questions answered. Trades entertained.

Vintageski808

Old ski fanatic born too late
Skier
IMG_3731.jpg IMG_3249.jpg IMG_4373.jpg IMG_3723.jpg IMG_3256.jpg IMG_1283.jpg

Im looking to get rid of some of the longer skis I have. Willing to do offers plus shipping or trades for skis from 1920s-1960s. Most of the skis are in great shape. Please Pm if interested. Thanks.

Skis from left to right:
Spalding Siderals 205cm
Vielhaber black fusion 200cm
Head Standards 205cm
Pure Gold skis 197cm
Lange skis 203cm
Rossignol Carbon K 200cm

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
Anybody interested in these?
K2 710 FO, 195 with Look N77 Bindings
K2 712, 200 also with Look N77 Bindings

What can be said about these legendary skis that you guys dont already know
K2 View attachment 14579 View attachment 14580 Binding
Back in the day I had the N77 on a pair of Olin Ballet skis for the rotating heel. Great binding that I would ski today. On Patrol many skied the K2 710 Comp in 1979.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
@SecretAgentMan , are these Hexcels what you are looking for? If possiby, I can take better pictures. Probably 180 or 190 cm.

Don't even look at the Rossis, people. Those are mine forever. ;)

View attachment 51672
Doug, I have the Rossignol ST Comps with over 100 ski patrol days on them from 1979 that are in my garage. I may ski them on a retro day some day in the future. I agree that they are/were a great ski.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Doug, I have the Rossignol ST Comps with over 100 ski patrol days on them from 1979 that are in my garage. I may ski them on a retro day some day in the future. I agree that they are/were a great ski.

What are binding are mounted on them? I got those pairs in '77, US Team issue. The Marker bindings on the STs were my first AT bindings. I bent them slightly in Tuckerman Ravine avoiding a collision with an out of control skier.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
What are binding are mounted on them? I got those pairs in '77, US Team issue. The Marker bindings on the STs were my first AT bindings. I bent them slightly in Tuckerman Ravine avoiding a collision with an out of control skier.
I bought them new in 1979 for Ski Patrol in Garmisch Germany. They have the all metal Salomon 727 bindings on them.

Vintageski808

Old ski fanatic born too late
Skier
Got a like 3 pairs of these GEZE plate bindings. Thinking $25 each plus shipping. Can combine shipping. Please pm.

EDB3AAD7-8348-4527-AE75-55B1D13B4EF5.jpeg

passengerpigeon

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Dear community,
Is anybody potentially willing to sell a pair of non-parabolic skis over 200cm long, preferably over 210cm long, with less than 8mm of sidecut and functional bindings that will fit a 316mm sole length boot?
I have decided that I prefer conventional skis over parabolic skis in most conditions (even after having raced for two years on parabolics), and my current Rossignol 4S Kevlars are out of action due to a stripped screwthread on the heelpiece of one of the 2004 Rossignol FKS120/1989 Look Nevada 10 frankenbindings (hey, at least I'm not mixing Nevadas and Rotomats). Since I don't know whether the problem is fixable nor whether I will have access to a woodshop to mount the baseplates and toepieces of the non-indemnified FKSen myself, I am looking into getting a "new" pair of ordinary skis.
Thank you,
Passengerpigeon.

(Also, if I do replace the Rossignols, I will probably demount them at some point and list them here. They will NOT end up in the hands of the furniture-building philistines, that is for sure!)

Sponsor

Staff online