• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SecretAgentMan

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled
PM me with your address. I'll probably ship by USPS. I'll PM you with the shipping costs after I box them up and ship them. I'll give you my PO Box and then you can send along a check.

Sounds good.
I'm glad they are going to someone that will enjoy them. Will you ski them?

I plan on skiing them a few times. Then I am going to lean my Sundance against the wall in my living room.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

I plan on skiing them a few times. Then I am going to lean my Sundance against the wall in my living room.

Sort of like this? :D (note the Hexcels far left)

20180615_175657_Silverthorne Lane.jpg

SecretAgentMan

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled
Looking to buy. $150-$250.

Downhill:

Kneissl Blue Star 1970-1975.
Rossignol Smash 1975, 1976.

XC:

Bonna racing models 1960-1965.
Gravdal 1960s.
Jarvinen 1960s.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Looking to buy. $150-$250.

Downhill:

Kneissl Blue Star 1970-1975.
Rossignol Smash 1975, 1976.

XC:

Bonna racing models 1960-1965.
Gravdal 1960s.
Jarvinen 1960s.

The ones hiding in the middle are Bonna racing skis that I had in high school. I was gifted them in about 1975 as the ski team upgraded the following year. I don't know exactly how old they are.

Doug's quiver.jpg
Doug's quiver tips.jpg
Doug's quiver bindings.jpg
Doug's quiver tails.jpg

These are in NH.

The Hexcels are boxed up and I expect them to hit the mail tomorrow.

SecretAgentMan

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled

I recently bought a pair of vintage fiberglass skis with metal bindings worth about $600. Skis and bindings are in VG shape. I plan to keep the skis for 25 years and then sell them for as much $$ as possible. The metal edges on the skis and the bindings have moderate rust. The bases have a few gouges. No core shots.

Should I:

1. Have a skilled technician at a ski shop grind the rust off the bases, polish the rust off the bindings, and Ptex the bases.
2. Douse the skis and bindings with WD-40 every 3 years to keep them healthy.

Or should I:

1. Leave the skis and bindings "as is" to avoid altering an original item.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I wouldn't use WD-40 on the bindings; it acts as a solvent to grease.. It will remove the grease that they were originally lubricated with.

The rust is not going to improve the skis over time. I'd remove it. A shop could get them to look like the Hexcels I sent you, although a more appropriate 'tune' would be to identify the bevels and match them by hand filing them without a guide. The way they would have been done back in the day.

Are all your ski acquisitions intended for investment? :huh:

SecretAgentMan

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled
Are all your ski acquisitions intended for investment? :huh:

Yes. I want to sell the vintage skis that I buy for more in "today's dollars" than I paid for them. The beauty of vintage skis that I own is extremely important to me because I display them in my house like a painting or print after I ski them 2 or 3 times. I am going to display the Sundance that I bought from you next to my Friedrichsgracht print.

The total return you get from a pair of vintage skis = the feel-good energy you get from the profit you make on them when you sell + the feel-good energy you get from using the skis while you own them.

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
I recently bought a pair of vintage fiberglass skis with metal bindings worth about $600. Skis and bindings are in VG shape. I plan to keep the skis for 25 years and then sell them for as much $$ as possible. The metal edges on the skis and the bindings have moderate rust. The bases have a few gouges. No core shots.

Should I:

1. Have a skilled technician at a ski shop grind the rust off the bases, polish the rust off the bindings, and Ptex the bases.

Or should I:

I don't think there is an NOS, undrilled high end vintage ski out there that is worth even $300. :huh:
As for 'investment', well you best just enjoy them!!!

TQA

Putting on skis
Skier
I am looking for a pair of Atomic Beta Carv 10 20 or 9 18 at 200 cm of length ideally undrilled. They would be form 2000 to about 2006

Does anyone have such an animal or have any idea where I should look.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I am looking for a pair of Atomic Beta Carv 10 20 or 9 18 at 200 cm of length ideally undrilled. They would be form 2000 to about 2006

Does anyone have such an animal or have any idea where I should look.

I have the TM 20, drilled for Voile plate. They are a maximum carver with no ability to skid. I think that being the telemark version they have extra camber which exacerbates their inability to skid.

Let me know if you are interested.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
190 cm. 106/66/90, 20 m r. Custom Andy's Ski Shop plate. Ton's of lift. The plates are built just like modern plates. A set of fixed attachment screws and a set that has slot so they will slide as the ski flexes. Bomber plate system. 12 mm in the plate, 12 mm in the Voile plate and it all totals up to 51 mm from base of ski to boot sole. Tree top tall.

In looking at the pictures, I don't think I measured the camber at its greatest spot. Back then they had nordic camber in tele skis. Also, I think I got these skis in the last century so they are about 1998, 1999.

IMG_20181013_130528488.jpg

IMG_20181013_130559612.jpg

IMG_20181013_130522055.jpg

IMG_20181013_130644278.jpg

I have a box for shipping, too. ;)

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
^cool. I have the newer '01 orange/grey ones, with G3 on them.
They were cool in the day. Now they are just tedious to ski on as they are very demanding.

Ooops.

They are a blast to ski!

Not really, but I wouldn't mind them leaving the garage to someone else's either. ogsmile

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
They were cool in the day. Now they are just tedious to ski on as they are very demanding.

Ooops.

They are a blast to ski!

Not really, but I wouldn't mind them leaving the garage to someone else's either. ogsmile

When I go telemarking now, which is once this decade so far, I like my old Olin Sierras. Similar binding system. Much more forgiving and skiddy.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
The ones hiding in the middle are Bonna racing skis that I had in high school. I was gifted them in about 1975 as the ski team upgraded the following year. I don't know exactly how old they are.

View attachment 52079 View attachment 52078 View attachment 52077 View attachment 52076

These are in NH.

The Hexcels are boxed up and I expect them to hit the mail tomorrow.
Just noticed the poles in the photos, I had a pair just like them many many years ago maybe even my first pair of poles.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier

Should I:

Or should I:

This vintage ski is worth $600.00. ;-)
Photo-and-drawing-of-the-Digervarden-ski_rf-1024x719-min.png

TQA

Putting on skis
Skier
I have the TM 20, drilled for Voile plate. They are a maximum carver with no ability to skid. I think that being the telemark version they have extra camber which exacerbates their inability to skid.

Let me know if you are interested.

I am not looking for telemark skis. The Atomic variant I am searching for is the Orange Beta Carv ski which was significantly lighter than the red race Atomics. I have one knee which is held together with staples and string and muscle. It craps out quickly with a heavy ski otherwise I would still be skiing my beloved Volkl 40 Platinums.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
THIS ONE HAS BEEN SOLD!!! THANKS!

Just posted this Salomon Duffle on Phil's Garage. Check the posting for details.
$35 shipped. It's neat, near-mint. We just have too much stuff.

IMG_6682.JPG

Last edited:

Lowell Watson

Making skis sharp and slippery
Skier
I still have a huge pile of 70’s-90’s high test skis, 95% 200cm and up, that I can’t put in the ground. Fresh grinds and stored. Too many to list, but I have posted before. Marker jigs too.
$0
Pay the shipping or pick up in MA.

I also have 2 modern pair of 188 SG race skis nearly new, with comp 20 bindings I would like to see off to a good home, make an offer. Blizzard and volkl.

Wanted:
Superglass Comp 200-205cm
Superglass red/white large letter later model
Spademan butterflies
SOS one piece
Spalding anything over 200cm