• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Resort touring skis, bent chetler 100, fischer 102 fr, BMT109, rustler 10

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yes, this is a thing, ALL LIFTS are closed at resorts, but we are still allowed to tour, and ski the slopes and areas.

So looking at local classifieds what I can get in a BSL that fits me, with atomic/salomon/whatever shift mnc binding.

atomic 188cm bent chetler 100, I allready have one, but also available slightly used with a shift, I know this is a good ski, and its LIGHT, 1800 grams

fischer 184 or 191cm ranger 102 FR, I currently own theese and LOVE them, so would just be getting a shift binding for it, how do they tour? fairly liight at 2100 What length would be optimal for the up part?

bmt 109, avaible at good prices, mostly with kingpin but also shifts seems doable, superlight at 1590 grams something

rustler 10 188cm, 104 underfoot, for sale at good price here with shift, its USED 50 days allready, price reflects it, the heaviest for sure at 2200? something.

Open to other suggestions, but I like going down, HATE going up, but loosers cant be choosers.

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Just get a light binding, like the MTN, and get the ski you like most.

The mtn will save you a lot of weight and you can put that weight in the ski.

TS
A

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
my skiiing style, weight and knees doesnt like bindings like the salomon mtn, I will rather take the weight penalty for the downhill performance.

currently only have cochise dyn 130 boots which are also fairly heavy (1950grams) in the category, so looking at this from a downhill perspective just to clarify

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have the blizzard zero g 108 in 185 cm. it's 1730 grams. I wanted good downhill too. Very happy with my choice. My second choice was the Volkl bmt 108. From a trusted source it's a very good ski. I would suggest staying around 180-185 cm and max 1900 grams. You have some good options listed and some a bit heavy. Heavy makes sense if side country, I just did 2 round trips on a 1000 ft Mtn and zero g 108 with shifts were plenty heavy, I wouldn't want more weight. I am mostly a lift kind of skier.

Salomon Mtn explore 95 gets very good write ups. Check out Blister buying guide

TS
A

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I put shifts on my bent chetler 100's as they were the lightest, in addition to bent chetler 120 with shifts, pair up with cochise dyn 130... and YES I understand why people use light gear!

even the skins are weight added ! I did go with minimist g3 for the 100s though.

Sponsor

Staff online