• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Resort Powder, Gone in 60 seconds Rev II

mister moose

Instigator
Skier
2018-03-15_21.35.43[1].jpg

Before.

2018-03-15_21.36.31[1].jpg

After

2018-03-15_21.36.10[1].jpg

Well here's the reason - there's no one on the chair!

Better make that "Gone in 6 hours".

That's right folks. On a top 10 powder day here at Killington, almost no one showed up at Snowdon for quite some time. On my 4th run, half the tracks were mine.

Jacob

Out on the slopes
Skier
That trail's skied out now. Better move on to the backcountry if you want fresh turns.

Max Capacity

Putting on skis
Skier
have to agree, it's still snowing here in VT. Snowed all morning today at Okemo. So surprising to find un-tracked snow day's after the last big storm. I was on my 106mm wide skis today, I'll be back on the 119mm skis tomorrow.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
View attachment 41858
Before.

View attachment 41859
After

. View attachment 41860
Well here's the reason - there's no one on the chair!

Better make that "Gone in 6 hours".

That's right folks. On a top 10 powder day here at Killington, almost no one showed up at Snowdon for quite some time. On my 4th run, half the tracks were mine.

I guess in the East ppl are not used to late season Pow so they give up. Here in Colorado pow like that on an open run with running lifts would never last a few minutes!

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
I guess in the East ppl are not used to late season Pow so they give up. Here in Colorado pow like that on an open run with running lifts would never last a few minutes!
Dunno, I've had a ton of April/May powder days in CO where I had untracked lines well into the afternoon.

In mid-March ... maybe. CO locals move to their spring sports early too.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Dunno, I've had a ton of April/May powder days in CO where I had untracked lines well into the afternoon.

In mid-March ... maybe. CO locals move to their spring sports early too.

The transition is starting... but still. They have been on it, so far. Seen it first hand. This season have been rough. Some are starting to hang up the skis no doubt.