• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Dang the women are good at this.
Can't wait to go through all the swag and get some stuff to send the two of you.

@Andy Mink were you taking a nap?.... again.
Nope, just male pattern slowness.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have added to post #7 of this thread with some of the things we found on the final day on the floor.
We talked to several manufacturers about their products and hope to do some follow up to get some long term testing so we can give you more insight.

Things that stood out for me:
  • E-Bikes were front and center. The technology is improving and we're going to see more, not less, E-Bike usage in all applications, road, mtb, commuter, etc...
  • In addition to E-bikes, there is also a segment that is passionate about revisiting the vintage bikes and bike design to enjoy some of the simplicity of biking.
  • Helmet technology is not done. There are some really interesting things coming our way with helmet technology to make them safer, and more comfortable.
  • Clothing designers in the bike industry have less of an idea on how to address the different body shapes and comfort needs of all of us than the ski industry does.
  • There are some really cool tool improvements that are designed to address the new innovations in biking.

Look for more as we review specific products.

Please let us know if there is anything else you want us to ask the industry leaders.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
There are some really cool tool improvements that are designed to address the new innovations in biking.

This piques my curiosity ...

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
@Tricia Thanks for adding the Pics on the Wildsyde bikes. Just a note that they are out of Avon, Co but here’s an interesting tidbit on the company.

https://www.wildsyde.com/default.asp

Our Founding

Wildsyde™ was founded by Paul Hields, the President and Owner of Sportube™ products, the World's #1 Hard Sided Ski, Snowboard and Fishing Travel Cases. He's been in the biz for 25+ years and knows how to design (and use) great products. Paul has been a passionate biker since he could first pedal around as a kid and continued throughout his life into road biking, mountain biking, and now; Vintage eCruisers.

Paul and his wife, Margo, bike religiously together in Colorado, Michigan, and even Europe, however, because of health issues (Margo had a heart transplant 25 years ago), she was never able to keep up! This is when Paul realized the beauty of the E-bike; it has not only helped Margo continue to bike with him but it has allowed them to run simple errands or go grab a beer in style without having to drive their car! Which brings us to the founding and future of Wildsyde™, the Vintage eCruisers.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Maybe I could sew together two of those tees :)

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This piques my curiosity ...
Like small torque wrenches with multiple bits that fit in a bike pack so you can work on your bike on the trail, and compact enough to get into tight spots.
Like tire spoons that have other tools like brake pad separators and stem wrench implemented so you have all of it handy if you have to take a wheel off your bike and fix a tire on the trail.
The Stompump I posted a picture of in post 7.
Cool stuff.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Like small torque wrenches with multiple bits that fit in a bike pack so you can work on your bike on the trail, and compact enough to get into tight spots.
Like tire spoons that have other tools like brake pad separators and stem wrench implemented so you have all of it handy if you have to take a wheel off your bike and fix a tire on the trail.
The Stompump I posted a picture of in post 7.
Cool stuff.

I am a sucker for tiny tools*

* get your mind out of the gutter!

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
@Tricia Did you guys check out the yetis?

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
@Tricia Did you guys check out the yetis?
Probably afraid to get too close .. .

latest

Sponsor

Staff online